cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Nvidia Driver (399.07) issues a FIX for BSOD while using Oculus VR

LZoltowski
Champion
Latest driver has fixed the BSOD some users may have been experiencing while using or launching Oculus VR

Also of note: This driver still has a bug that causes a MICRO STUTTER if any GPU monitoring/tweaking software is installed. It is recommended to uninstall all of GPU tweaking/monitoring tools to eliminate the micro stutter from both VR and standard flat games.

For a full rundown of fixes and current issues please see the full update log:
https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/399.07/399.07-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
16 REPLIES 16

DonutMaker
Explorer
Well these drivers seem to break my Rift ... again ... no video in headset after installing new NVidia drivers and rebooting - headset worked fine daily before the drivers.

tyler_byers_16
Explorer
I was having the BSoD issue. I re-installed everything today with the new drivers, new Oculus setup, checked cable, etc. Now I'm stuck at the setup screen where you adjust the lenses and finish the setup inside the headset. I'm not getting a BSoD anymore but I have no audio/video through the Rift headset and can't compete the setup. I have a white light which goes away if i put my finger near the sensor. I only started having issues after the last firmware update. 

Basically none of the software is flagging any connection issues, or any other issue, but I have no audio/video.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
BSOD? Those things still exist?

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Haven't had one of those for years..... IRQ conflict anyone?

I'm going to give myself the kiss of death and say computing is getting boringly reliable.

Digikid1
Consultant

Haven't had one of those for years..... IRQ conflict anyone?

I'm going to give myself the kiss of death and say computing is getting boringly reliable.

Not even close. I have a couple pc stores and trust me....computers are still a PITA. Especially with the BSOD and the HUNDREDS of reasons why each one happens. 

LZoltowski
Champion
Have not had a BSOD in 2 years ..... 

And I have just asked for it, havent I....
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm still on 388.13 as the default install for a fresh WIN10. What seriously has the updates fixed on top of this? I don't notice any obvious ones besides the Targel Retical going missing randomly in E:D which I doubt is my driver.

Oh I think Oculus Dash or is it the Home 2 that needs a higher driver?

andysonofbob
Heroic Explorer
What is a good solid driver for my 1070?  388.13?

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
There's no reason why the current one shouldn't work well.

However, people have been having different experiences. I stuck with the recommended one for months, after having some relatively minor issues, but since doing the nVidia firmware update the latest drivers have been sound for me. Not because of the update - I was required to have the latest drivers to do the update and the drivers were fine. I was only 2 versions behind anyway.

Best bet is to try it and see.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2