cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus touch tracking issue

BirthdayCakeOff
Explorer
So, I spend a lot of days on searching solution for my problem and I've got nothing.

The problem is when I am move my hands pretty fast (for example in some expert+ maps custom music tracks in Beat Saber) then both oculus touches starts jitters and stutters all along to the end point, where I am stopped my hands (Also they changes facing direction. For example, when I am move my hands fast from left to right but do not changing face direction, then all the way my hands in VR starts doing same thing that I discribe above but also randomly changing face direction)

I've tried to unplug all usb cables from my PC except sensors and headset but nothing helped.
Tried roll back to old drivers - same.
Changing batteries did not change anything
Re-setup - same.
9 REPLIES 9

Wildt
Consultant
Been there myself - your battery is compressing the spring, so that it loses power for a sub-second.

PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

LZoltowski
Champion
What is your sensor setup like (positions, how many)? Any super bright light sources? Any mirrors or reflective surfaces around you?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

BirthdayCakeOff
Explorer

What is your sensor setup like (positions, how many)? Any super bright light sources? Any mirrors or reflective surfaces around you?

I have 2 sensors.
First is to the left of me on the floor looking up on me and second is in almost opposite direction but lmore in front and also above me looking down

I've tried other positions, for example, both of them in front of me and same issue without any changes

BirthdayCakeOff
Explorer

Wildt said:

Been there myself - your battery is compressing the spring, so that it loses power for a sub-second.

And actually they jitters at high speed, they do not "floating", but I just tried those solutions but still nothing works

P.S. while trying those solutions first of them actually brings me this floating issue

cybereality
Grand Champion
It may be that you are leaving the tracking volume (or quickly switching from one camera to the other). Ideally both sensors should be around desk level to eye level. You can face one slightly up or slighting down, but it's not good to have sensors on the floor or ceiling. My setup works best with 2 sensors in the front spaced about 2 feet apart (one facing a little up, the the other a little down), and one of the side (at desk level, facing straight). 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Wildt
Consultant
@cybereality - quit ignoring the issue.

The springs will compress under pressure. The varying thickness and surface of the replacable batteries (friction) will affect the severeness of the issue, BUT: If you apply enough g-force to the battery, it'll compress the spring enough to cause disconnect.

Another design flaw.

It's pretty easy to circumvent tough, as you'll learn from my link above.

Workarounds:
Apply degreasing sprays or whatever to the batteries before inserting them.
Pull the spring FAR towards the + connector making it apply more pressure for a limited time.
Insert something conductive between the battery and the spring (alu foil folded)

Yup, it's sad that something like this will ruin your competetiveness in Beat Saber, or Thrill of the Fight etc, but it's real.

Wildt
Consultant

Wildt said:

And actually they jitters at high speed, they do not "floating", but I just tried those solutions but still nothing works

P.S. while trying those solutions first of them actually brings me this floating issue

If the spring is too compressed, it'll just have problems pushing the battery to make connection, so try this: Remove the battery and stretch the spring a lot. Then remove grease from the connections and the battery. No good? Insert some alu foil.

BirthdayCakeOff
Explorer

Wildt said:

Wildt said:

If the spring is too compressed, it'll just have problems pushing the battery to make connection, so try this: Remove the battery and stretch the spring a lot. Then remove grease from the connections and the battery. No good? Insert some alu foil.

Welp, I tell a short result of all this stuff that I tried with your advices:

Still nothing...sadly

BirthdayCakeOff
Explorer

It may be that you are leaving the tracking volume (or quickly switching from one camera to the other). Ideally both sensors should be around desk level to eye level. You can face one slightly up or slighting down, but it's not good to have sensors on the floor or ceiling. My setup works best with 2 sensors in the front spaced about 2 feet apart (one facing a little up, the the other a little down), and one of the side (at desk level, facing straight). 

It did not helped too...