cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official TV Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thought I'd start a thread where we can all share what we've all been watching.

I'm just finishing the fifth and final series of The Gentle Touch starring the lovely Jill Gascoigne as DI Maggie Forbes. It's a programme from the 80s and is excellent.

Next up for me is the second series of Monkey, known as Monkey Magic in the States I think. If you haven't seen it then you HAVE to check it out. It's a Japanese programme from the 80s that tells the legend of Monkey, Piggsy, Sandy and Tripitaka who travel through Asia to pick up the Buddhist Sacred Scrolls. Some may be familiar of the legend from the video game Enslaved: Odyssey Of The West.

I love rewatching stuff from the 70s and 80s regularly, they don't make telly like that any more which is a real shame. All we seem to see these days is mostly reality TV bollocks with the odd gem hidden here and there. 😞

So what are you guys and girls watching?
351 REPLIES 351

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I guess I'm just a tradionalist when it comes to comic book characters, and I get particularly annoyed when these characters 'evolve' only because of political correctness.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

**Just Good Friends***

I fancied her something chronic back then! Since then I saw her in an interview (about the difference between Secret Army and Allo Allo) and she came over as a real snooty snotty totty. No thanks!

Really liked the show, though - Paul Nicolas was great.

https://youtu.be/qzY74DE17As

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Techy111 said:

The Bodyguard BBC1 and no not the movie. Plus I'm just getting into Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime 🙂

...And I I I will always love... yooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Brixmis said:

**Just Good Friends***

I fancied her something chronic back then! Since then I saw her in an interview (about the difference between Secret Army and Allo Allo) and she came over as a real snooty snotty totty. No thanks!

Really liked the show, though - Paul Nicolas was great.

Oh yes!
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Right now I am binging season 2 of Ozark. I'm also a huge fan of Shameless.

kojack
MVP
MVP

The Gentle Touch, The Sweeney and The Professionals.  Flamin heck!

The Professionals was great. I have the 4 season dvd box set.
I love the intro theme.
For those who don't know, it was a 70's show about an ex cop and an ex paratrooper put together as a task force to deal with crimes beyond the ability of the regular police (terrorism, military stuff, etc).
It was rather controversial at the time for it's violent themes.

If you want an awesome scifi series from england that still holds up now (it's from 1970, but was set in the future of 1980) is UFO. Imagine Men In Black, but set in england and made by Gerry Anderson (creator of Thunderbirds). Such an great series.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Digikid1
Consultant

I rarely like new TV shows these days, anything good gets cancelled too quickly, my favs in no particular order

Stargate SG1
Startrek TNG, DS9, Voyager
Stranger Things
Supernatural
Fringe
Person of Interest
the OA
Jessica Jones
Westworld
Almost Human - (got cancelled after 1 season for being too expensive, but was ace)
The Black List
Futurama 

Watching the new JJ Abrams / Stephen King show Castle Rock at the moment, it's rather good!

@@snowdog it's a fictional character, not a historical figure, there have been so many versions of all the characters in all the universes and ages, I don't see a problem with the characters evolving.

Cripes I can’t believe that I forgot those. Yes I own the entire Futurama and all of the Stargate series...except Universe. Didn’t like that one. 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I got all the X-Files series on DVD and the movies, still unopened lol I'll get to them one day 😉 Surprised nobody has mentioned Blake's 7.......loved that show!!!
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Blake's Seven was amazing, and the Liberator was built with a hair dryer if I'm remembering correctly. Loved that series.

Digikid1
Consultant
I was looking through my DVD's and came across some sci-fi show called Andromeda.  Two seasons yet to be opened.  Guess I forgot about them....may open them up to see what that's all about.  It has Kevin Sorbo on it so it should be decent at least.