cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official TV Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thought I'd start a thread where we can all share what we've all been watching.

I'm just finishing the fifth and final series of The Gentle Touch starring the lovely Jill Gascoigne as DI Maggie Forbes. It's a programme from the 80s and is excellent.

Next up for me is the second series of Monkey, known as Monkey Magic in the States I think. If you haven't seen it then you HAVE to check it out. It's a Japanese programme from the 80s that tells the legend of Monkey, Piggsy, Sandy and Tripitaka who travel through Asia to pick up the Buddhist Sacred Scrolls. Some may be familiar of the legend from the video game Enslaved: Odyssey Of The West.

I love rewatching stuff from the 70s and 80s regularly, they don't make telly like that any more which is a real shame. All we seem to see these days is mostly reality TV bollocks with the odd gem hidden here and there. 😞

So what are you guys and girls watching?
351 REPLIES 351

Techy111 said:

I got all the X-Files series on DVD and the movies, still unopened lol I'll get to them one day 😉 Surprised nobody has mentioned Blake's 7.......loved that show!!!

Wow, Blake's 7 - i was very young when that was on, or just didn't watch it too much.  One of the main women from it has just died unfortunately.

Sticking with space then, who watched Terrahawks?  Was that shown in the US?

I'll go with the end credits - that's what everybody remembers   🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nJ2vyXKOOE
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

kojack
MVP
MVP

snowdog said:

Well I guess I'm just a tradionalist when it comes to comic book characters, and I get particularly annoyed when these characters 'evolve' only because of political correctness.

Adam West Batman is best Batman!

Has anybody ever seen the 1991 chinese tv series Noble Conflict? I used to watch it every week on SBS.

For recent shows, my favourite has to be Happy. So damn good.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

kojack said:

snowdog said:

Well I guess I'm just a tradionalist when it comes to comic book characters, and I get particularly annoyed when these characters 'evolve' only because of political correctness.

Adam West Batman is best Batman!

Is he right?

He's not wrong!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haven't heard of Noble Conflict, it didn't make it over here in the UK I don't think. I might have to check that out.

Along with Monkey, The Water Margin was another one of my favourites. More violent than Monkey, but Mary Whitehouse hated them both lol

Anonymous
Not applicable
Space 1999 was another one of my favourites, I have them all on my hard drive and rewatch them every few years.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Ooh Blakes 7 - Glynis Barber = yum!

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

kojack
MVP
MVP

snowdog said:

Space 1999 was another one of my favourites, I have them all on my hard drive and rewatch them every few years.

We could do a whole thread just about the awesomeness of Gerry Anderson. 🙂

Space 1999

Thunderbirds

Captain Scarlet

UFO

Stingray

Joe 90

Terrahawks

Lavender Castle

Space Precinct

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another favourite of mine was The Invaders. So fucking good. A lot of these awesome programmes seemed to be on Monday to Friday at 6pm on BBC 2. Was my favourite time of the week.

Another great one was The Adventure Game with The Vortex at the end.

Kids these days are missing out on a shitload of great television.

snowdog said:

Another favourite of mine was The Invaders. So fucking good. A lot of these awesome programmes seemed to be on Monday to Friday at 6pm on BBC 2. Was my favourite time of the week.

Another great one was The Adventure Game with The Vortex at the end.

Kids these days are missing out on a shitload of great television.

Oh my god The Adventure Game - loved that!  Just gone to look for a clip - never realised Moira Stewart was part of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh15cL818xM

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Okay - favourite kiddie series were Timeslip, The Flashing Blade (my brother was a bigger fan than I was) and The Desert Crusader.

That was a French series, dubbed with English. We used to sit on the carpet, singing the theme as it started. I remember once we had a babysitter/childminder round and I was too embarassed to go "dit dit dit di-di-dit-dah...." and got a lot of stick from my bruv! 😄

https://youtu.be/js3glXd-ah0

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2