cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official TV Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thought I'd start a thread where we can all share what we've all been watching.

I'm just finishing the fifth and final series of The Gentle Touch starring the lovely Jill Gascoigne as DI Maggie Forbes. It's a programme from the 80s and is excellent.

Next up for me is the second series of Monkey, known as Monkey Magic in the States I think. If you haven't seen it then you HAVE to check it out. It's a Japanese programme from the 80s that tells the legend of Monkey, Piggsy, Sandy and Tripitaka who travel through Asia to pick up the Buddhist Sacred Scrolls. Some may be familiar of the legend from the video game Enslaved: Odyssey Of The West.

I love rewatching stuff from the 70s and 80s regularly, they don't make telly like that any more which is a real shame. All we seem to see these days is mostly reality TV bollocks with the odd gem hidden here and there. 😞

So what are you guys and girls watching?
351 REPLIES 351

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
What about Saturdays mornings:

"Uh-oh, Jungo!" 😄

The Arabian Knights and Banana Splits...! Also The Monkees.

https://youtu.be/XMl6HnhFFIA

https://youtu.be/AKs43dHBSWA

https://youtu.be/gN5zOjPpBu8

To say nothing of...

https://youtu.be/sj6-LG5VpGk

Mutley, doooo something! 😄

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Digikid1 said:

One of my FAVORITE old tv movies.

Intro:

Commercial:

Not sure how old you are Digikid but do you remember the Red Hand Gang and kids of degrassi street?  I think they were Canadian and made it over here in the late 70s early 80s.  I was in Canada last year and they were still playing the kids of degrassi, or some follow on.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Load of bollox on TV right now, but I did like Red Dwarf, Blackadder and Doctor Foster. Also watched Stranger Things on Amazon, but can't get into the second series as much. Watched the Walking Dead, but it's just silly now and I've stopped watching it. Band Of Brothers has to be the best thing I've seen, I've watched the the box set a few times now. Keep meaning to watch Narcos on Netflix to see if I like that. 

Other then that it's just documentaries about anything really..

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Not forgetting the Pacific, another cracking series. Stick with Stranger Things mate, it does get better 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
The Brady Bunch - and Wait 'Til Your Father Gets Home (never was there a more apt prog title for a child to watch!).

Here's some nostalgia for ya (if not a decent pic... still, sign of the times back then, I s'pose...)

https://youtu.be/opnzRacr81Q

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Digikid1
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

Intro:

Commercial:

Not sure how old you are Digikid but do you remember the Red Hand Gang and kids of degrassi street?  I think they were Canadian and made it over here in the late 70s early 80s.  I was in Canada last year and they were still playing the kids of degrassi, or some follow on.

39 currently.  Born in Jan 1979.  I have heard of the DeGrassi series but was never interested in them.  Boy Meets World was more my style. 

Digikid1 said:

Digikid1 said:

Intro:

Commercial:

39 currently.  Born in Jan 1979.  I have heard of the DeGrassi series but was never interested in them.  Boy Meets World was more my style. 

Ah yeah - and now we have Girl Meets World - with the boy as the dad, i think.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I'm not watching much TV lately, but Better Call Saul started it's new season a few weeks ago, that's pretty good (follow-up series to Breaking Bad).

I did enjoy Sasha Baron Cohen's recent series Who Is America, in a can't-look-away-from-a-tranwreck sort of way.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I do like to re-watch Breaking Bad one time a year. I used to keep The Walking Dead playing every damn day for years (I'd have it running while working), but I've finally graduated from that show. I only watch now just to keep up with the story.

Nowadays when I want something running on TV while I'm working, I will play either Infinity War or a concert, like Rammstein.

Digikid1
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

Digikid1 said:

Intro:

Commercial:

Ah yeah - and now we have Girl Meets World - with the boy as the dad, i think.

Yup.....and its pretty darn good as well.