cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DreamShapers sketch book

Anonymous
Not applicable
Medium is a fantastic experience, before I keep adding sculpts, decided it's time to start a sketchbook.  Will start with a bit of a retrospective, and more or less start at the beginning and with any luck, keep at it for years.  Here's a carousel I made a few months ago, to see the creations up to that point.

Two Year Anniversary Update (mostly sequential with annual highlights)

41cesgktb9ey.jpg

Earlier part of this post, carousel built inside medium with snapshots, from way back when we just met
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UahalLb04TU&feature=youtu.be
403 REPLIES 403

Anonymous
Not applicable
zav56f5rap13.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
black and white stamps. Think I need to make some basic pattern stamps in black and white at some point
4kcpvipi4xxr.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lets just throw a ton of stamps at random and see what happens
89md1muawio8.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
80byymwwsptm.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
x0kpb1f2jjnx.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Chaos Engine, just rioting with the stamps now.  Probably spend another week or so building up the kit, and then attempt somethng a bit more technically oriented
xtg9tdxkaeln.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyhow, love the color stamps, a lot!  Eagerly awaiting color in the preview windows. 

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
I think that's the one area of 2.0 I still haven't dived into yet but you're certainly putting me in the mood.

Anonymous
Not applicable

P3nT4gR4m said:

I think that's the one area of 2.0 I still haven't dived into yet but you're certainly putting me in the mood.

Glad to inspire.  I think there's definitely some texturing potential, in a sort of bitmap kind of way.  The panels at the top of the black and white image, suggest its possible to do something like they do when they take a bunch of pictures and composite them together, each as tiny squares, to create a color image.   Add in the depth potential with stamps, I think there are some interesting possibilities.   Imagine taking the ability to apply stamps to the surface and have the bottom edge conform to that surface, sort of a mix between surface constraint the way the move tool works.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haven't gone through all of last nights photos, kinda went berzerk with the camera.  Here's a placeholder, with about half of the layers active.  Pretty much ran riot with color stamps to get a better idea of what they are capable of. Amazing thing is they seem to handle memory very well, this is just a small portion of the larger image (zooming in on the source image will show better detail)
5cg8jb86gy77.png