New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• sushichrissushichris Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I would like to participate in the testing
  • igmackenzieigmackenzie Posts: 42
    NerveGear
    Can someone tell me how to set Oculus Home with SS 1.5? The default is 0.91 and I can't see how to change it.
    Thank.
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 382
    Trinity
    @igmackenzie The Global supersampling on the first tab should apply to Oculus Home and any game that does not have a profile. 
    NerveGear
    Thanks but I want to avoid having a global setting. I would like to set a profile as for all other games. Is that possible?  Also, OTT is still not starting minimised. I have to minimise the window after every restart.
    NerveGear
    OTT doesn't switch out audio devices after running a SteamVR game. Should it?
  • KaninbilKaninbil Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Any issues with dropbox atm? It just shows me that the file cant be previewed but no matter how long i wait no download button pops up. Im using google chrome.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,874 Valuable Player
    Kaninbil said:
    Any issues with dropbox atm? It just shows me that the file cant be previewed but no matter how long i wait no download button pops up. Im using google chrome.
    No problem here with Microsoft Edge.
    Are you clicking on the "Direct Download" link?
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • KaninbilKaninbil Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    edited August 2018
    dburne said:
    Kaninbil said:
    Wow, i clicked the ottsetup.exe, no wonder it didn't work. I really appreciate your help!
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,874 Valuable Player
    Kaninbil said:
    dburne said:
    Kaninbil said:
    Wow, i clicked the ottsetup.exe, no wonder it didn't work. I really appreciate your help!
    Glad to help, have fun!
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • whitav8whitav8 Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    Sorry to repeat a request, but I didn't see any followup. Could we have a volume control for the "Game launch detected..." message. Also, I couldn't find a "wav" audio file to modify.
    Thanks

Trinity
    @whitav8  There is no wav file to edit as the speech is done using the built-in speech api in Windows. I can change that to use a wav file instead, just need to find something cool to use. If you have any suggestions just let me know. At the same time i can look into getting some volume control in there as well.
    Trinity
    Oh, and i just release version 0.84, so check out the first page for a link to that. =)
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 154
    Art3mis
    Got 0.84. Seems to be working fine so far. No probs. Thanks
  • whitav8whitav8 Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    Please make it a ZIP vs an exe
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,526
    Project 2501
    Tried 0.84 today and all seems well.  I think that the audio switching works a bit better, much more consistent switchback after exiting Oculus app.  Thanks for all your hard work and your helpful friends inputs.  I'll send another donation to you very soon.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.

• ShocksVRShocksVR Posts: 470
    Trinity
    Seems to be working thus far. Thanks again Apollo !
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
  • FolkSongFolkSong Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    The update resets all my settings to default, not sure if this is intentional. The previous few updates did this as well. Not a big deal but it's a bit annoying if you have custom voice commands defined. Profiles didn't get reset at least.
    Trinity
    edited September 2018
    @FolkSong That's an easy fix, i was just stupid/too much on my mind to remember to fix it all this time. Will be in next release, will try and remember to send you the beta once it's done.
    Next version should see a volume control for the callback voice and other replies/confirmation. Those should also be .wav files instead of using system.speech for that. So you should be able to replace those .wav files with whatever you like.
    Custom voice commands for doing a number of things like start/stop/restart a service, run a script, press a button or button sequence, order pizza or other useful stuff should also hopefully make it in there. Depends a bit on how many issues are found in 0.84 and how much time is needed fixing those.
    As always, if you have any suggestions on stuff to add or change, let me know and i'll try and get that included. If it makes sense that is (the 'order pizza' voice command might not make sense in this app come to think of it..)

Cheers!
  • lumpking69lumpking69 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    So it seems that 84 refuses to start minimized for me. The option is checked. But it refuses to do it. Ive tried to check and unchecked and restarted many times, but it seems to not want to do it. 

Also, Ive set global ASW to off but It feels like its not really off. My FPS seems to be glued at 45fps and it just feels like its still on. 

Thank you so much for all of your hard work! I really love this little heavenly tool! It makes my VR experience 100x better. 
    NerveGear
    So it seems that 84 refuses to start minimized for me. The option is checked. But it refuses to do it. Ive tried to check and unchecked and restarted many times, but it seems to not want to do it. 
    Yep, same here. I pointed that out to ApollyonVR a week or two ago about 0.84. Very annoying, but still a great piece of work!
    Trinity
    @lumpking69 @igmackenzie Another one of those things that just slipped my
    mind. Will fix and get you something to test once i have it. 

Cheers!
    NerveGear
    That would be great. Cheers!
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,992 Valuable Player
    I'm having a problem with 0.84 - profiles don't load. Well, Hellblade did, but not Along Together nor Seeking Dawn. Anyone experiencing this problem? Oh, Lone Echo didn't load either - that is I got no voice confirmation except Hellblade... I've tried to reset OTT, it didn't help. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Ok, just deleted all profiles and recreated them - now they seem to be working again, but it seems like the profiles often stop working, I'm suspicious that Seeking Dawn may be causing the error (but need to test it more). 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

Project 2501
    All my 6x profiles came over fine when I updated to 0.84.  I added a couple more later, no problems.  Everything seems to work fine for me, including  minimize on startup.  I just used the 0.84 exe file to update with 0.83 shutdown btw.  Everything seem to work great for me. As I said earlier, the audio switcher seems to be more reliable now.  Thanks again for this valuable tool.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.

- And I just lost working profiles again. So if I delete them all and recreate them, then profiles work for the first OTT launch, but the next launch and for all future launches profiles don't work. Global ss works perfectly, but mine is 2.0, so you get the idea ;-)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Project 2501
    I don't know why you have this problem and nobody else has it?  Maybe try lowering your global ss down a bit.  SS at 2.0 seems a little high for a 1080.  With a 1080ti I set my global to 1.3 and individual profiles up to 1.5.  Anything above this does not seem to give me significant benefits, just lower fps and more cpu/gpu heat.  Also, maybe check that any in-built game profiles are not conflicting with ott.  Good luck sorting this out mate.

Trinity
    @RuneSR2 Have you checked the log to make sure that the profiles are indeed not being applied? Both the ott.log and the log window will contain info when a profile is applied. Just to make sure it’s not only the audio confirmation that missbehaves. 

Cheers!
  • lumpking69lumpking69 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    I switched back to 83 because the start minimized issue was bugging me and I still suspect that turning off global ASW in 84 isn't working and now 83 wont start minimized either. 

Any idea why 83 would suddenly stop starting minimized? 
    Project 2501
    Maybe make sure you are running this as an Administrator.  Also maybe try a proper uninstall, restart your pc, then reinstall.