cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Films Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well bollocks, we've got a telly thread so I thought I'd create one for films too.

I'm currently working my way through Movies With A Twist Collection 3 which I downloaded years ago from TPB. All of those torrents are now dead which is a shame because I didn't get around to downloading Collection 4. I'm downloading all of those separately which is a hassle but will be worth it in the end going by 1-3 so far.

Am in the middle of watching Law Abiding Citizen, I think I've seen it before but i was so long ago I've forgotten what happens.

The problem with watching these films knowing that there's a twist makes it easy to work out what the twist in question is so probably better if you watch them without that knowledge lol

Here's a list of some of my all-time favourite films of all-time in no particular order:

Brazil
The Life Of Brian
The Holy Grail
The Meaning Of Life
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Lifeforce (a terrible film but the female lead vampire spends most of it naked lol)
All Lethal Weapons
All Die Hards
Every Dirty Harry Film
The Jungle Book (the Disney original)
Pi
Falling Down (just for the McDonalds scene lmfao)
Silent Running
Logan's Run
All 60s-70s Planet Of The Apes
Soylent Green

Am going to stop there otherwise this post is going to be HUGE lol

583 REPLIES 583

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Airplane 1 and 2.......the jokes never get old and don't call me shirley !!!
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

LZoltowski
Champion
Oh and StarTrek First Contact gets an honourable mention, it was the best of the bunch. Diana Troi drunk was hilarious .. 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Digikid1
Consultant
We cannot forget the BEST and FUNNIEST SciFi movie of all time....

SPACEBALLS!!!!!!!!!!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
So many to name from various eras, but I will start with my "top" list, in no particular order:
  1. Conan the Barbarian (original)
  2. Blade Runner
  3. Fight Club
  4. Meet Joe Black
  5. The Wanderers
  6. The Outsiders
  7. 300
  8. John Wick
  9. Troy
  10. Snatch
  11. Sin City
  12. Waiting
  13. The Cable Guy
  14. Requiem for a Dream
  15. Avengers: Infinity War
  16. Pulp Fiction
  17. The Godfather 1 &2
  18. Scarface
  19. Lord of the Rings trilogy
  20. Day of the Dead (original)

Several of my favorite movies have Brad Pitt as the star. I may have a man-crush.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Brad Pitt is awesome, I love all of his films, one of my favourite actors. I also really like Nicholas Cage too.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Anything Denzel Washington 
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

LZoltowski
Champion
You know what I actually enjoyed Constantine, I know it got a lot of flack, but it was pretty great, had potential.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Schindler's list
The Shining
One flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
The Deer Hunter
Platoon
Alien
The Pianist
Resident Evil

Just a few, I can't think of anymore atm..

kojack
MVP
MVP
He Never Died

Sadly all of the trailers (besides the little preview above) have too many spoilers. Don't watch them before the movie.
Very cool movie. The google summary: "A social outcast, battling depression and severe anti-social
behaviour, embarks on a bloody quest to save his long-lost daughter from
a crime syndicate."
It's not just a revenge film, there's elements of supernatural horror too.
I'm a big Henry Rollins fan, so this movie was a must see for me.

Death Race 2050
I love stupid over the top schlocky violent films. This fits the bill perfectly. 🙂
It's a remake of the original Death Race 2000. Forget the Jason Statham Death Race films, this is how a Death Race should be.

Of course now that I've mentioned races, I have to post the absolute greatest movie of all time...
Redline

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Deadpool 2 was awesome, I just got to see it recently when the Blu-ray came out.

A few of my favourites that are less often mentioned are Children of Men (Alfonso Cauron’s prior film to Gravity, amazing movie) and District 9.

Also Zoolander, I can rewatch that one endlessly. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo