cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DreamShapers sketch book

Anonymous
Not applicable
Medium is a fantastic experience, before I keep adding sculpts, decided it's time to start a sketchbook.  Will start with a bit of a retrospective, and more or less start at the beginning and with any luck, keep at it for years.  Here's a carousel I made a few months ago, to see the creations up to that point.

Two Year Anniversary Update (mostly sequential with annual highlights)

41cesgktb9ey.jpg

Earlier part of this post, carousel built inside medium with snapshots, from way back when we just met
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UahalLb04TU&feature=youtu.be
403 REPLIES 403

Anonymous
Not applicable

I LOVE this, it has such tribal feel to it, it also reminds me of trippy computer graphics of the 90's when they tried to explain "virtual space" ... very nice, the colours and comp are sublime.

Maybe I need to go find Neuromancer and re-read it.  It's been a long time 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Last night decided the best way to understand a stamp after making it, is to build something using only that stamp, test out various angles and resolutions, get a feel for what kinds of imagery it can create.  Here's the first one.   Characteristics change considerably with the lighting angle and distance
vv40d0r9lj8l.png3pifcdugfr1t.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
same stamp different resolution
bbi0kd9luvau.pngkdmkj2z3rgrq.png

oc2dadxbdcrk.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
1ls4x5nu00pn.pngj2xaesv7s0sn.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Designed with a compound stamp from the previous design

3l43952iadms.png
kksai1l1hlex.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Almost midnight
l1qka87dw5hm.png

This last one is a different stamp, and is essentially a very subtle silhouette, the sort of thing that might make an interesting backdrop photo to the right scene.  You'll have to zoom in to see the actual shapes. 

LZoltowski
Champion

Another variant
fv930fpxnpj8.png

l1qka87dw5hm.png

This last one is a different stamp, and is essentially a very subtle silhouette, the sort of thing that might make an interesting backdrop photo to the right scene.  You'll have to zoom in to see the actual shapes. 

The first one is very H.R Geiger. Awesome!, the second one is a completely black image for me so can not tell what's on it.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

The first one is very H.R Geiger. Awesome!, the second one is a completely black image for me so can not tell what's on it.

I'm definitely seeing a grey tone and black, but only on the full resolution image.  It's pretty abstract, although it borders on the subliminal level. 
https://us.v-cdn.net/6024342/uploads/editor/fi/l1qka87dw5hm.png

LZoltowski
Champion

l1qka87dw5hm.png

https://us.v-cdn.net/6024342/uploads/editor/fi/l1qka87dw5hm.png

Yeah I see the medium logo but no image, I am on my surface tablet in bed, so probably my gamma is not calibrated.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I see the medium logo but no image, I am on my surface tablet in bed, so probably my gamma is not calibrated.

Hmm.  So what you are saying is that I should use the technique to place the words "Buy More Stuff" <g>