cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stutter and freezing hands, lost the tracking, blackscreen

guillots
Explorer
Issue
Hi there. i dont have such many games, but i with beat saber (steam), and for a moment i thought the problem was executing via steam, i got the stutter and freezing hands after a few songs, so i picked it up in the oculus store, and i have the same result (i asked for the refund). 
the same thing happens with any game (robo recall for example), when the stutter begins then the freezing hands appears, then the track of all devices (touch controllers, and headset) are lost. 
So i take out the headset, in that moment i see on the devices panel that the headset has the warning alert that has a poor tracking quality (only in the headset). Sensors and the touch controllers are always in green.

.another thing when iam in beatsaber and take out the headset and put it on again, i have BlackScreen (solution unplug-plug headset's USB). BUT when i'm on any other game or experience launched from the oculus soft i dont have this issue.

.Never has any problem with the white and orange lights. 

Games tested
BeatSaber (Issue appears)
Robo Recall (Issue appears)
Medium (Fine)
Stay just at Home2.0 (Fine)
Budget Cuts Demo (steam) (Fine)
Moss (steam) Fine but i feel for moments thats all moves a little with the headset movement.

To test
SuperHot VR (steam)

Acual setup
my setup are 2 sensor front, on a desk (dont know if this problem is that dont have a third sensor). my play area isnt so big, im from 1mt-1.5mts from the sensors and the total area is just 2mtx2mt
the sensors are connected to 3.0usb and the headset to a 3.1usb. (all onboard)

Pseudo-Solution

the only thing that can solve this is close the oculus soft, unplug headset's usb and plug again. this is the only thing that work without rebooting the PC. 
i think this can be something with the drivers because this would happen all the time and not after playing for a while.

Things i did
.roll back to version 1703 of windows (i think is that version) (actual)
.get the famous 388.59 nvidia drivers (actual)
.disable the Core 2.0 ( now is enable again)
.try all the usbs (2.0, 3.0 and 3.1)
.disable the energy saving for all the usbs
.update ALL the usbs
.cover the windows behind me (read that the sensors are not to friendly with glossy superficies)
.i change the setup of my two sensors. the main position is still on front but one is elevated and looking down and the other is in the same position looking up. with the sensor bounds i can see now that it covers much better the atcion area. (new)
.change the pixel density
update RAM to 24gb (new)

Things to try
update the BIOS drivers. (i read in a few places that the 3007 version has problems, so i really dont want to do this)
uninstall all the Aisuite (keybot, ROG software, Hystrem). i dont have this running, just installed and i read few commentaries saying that dont solve anything
Other setup with 2 sensors
buy another sensor?
buy more RAM? (dont know if 8gb dont reach)
Install Oculus's soft without admin permissions
Go back to last windows version and last Nvidia's drivers
Reinstall the 388.59 using DDU

Pc specs:
.Motherboard: maximus viii ranger z170
.CPU: I7 6700k
.GPU: GTX 1070 (8gb)  (put it on PCI 16x)
.SSD: 240gb (less than 10% of free space =/ )
.SATA: 1tb (wd 5400) (maybe need to put the Oculus app folder here) 
.RAM:  Corsair 24GB ddr4 2400mhz 
.Cooler Master 750w Bronze

if im missing something i will add later
30 REPLIES 30

guillots
Explorer
New thing, when is checked the Rift Core 2.0 Beta, the headset stays with the orange light on. tried everything but the only thing that bring it to live again (white light) is switching off the Rift Core 2.0 Beta.
Anyone else with this problem?   

cybereality
Grand Champion
Not sure about this, but please feel free to submit a ticket. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

guillots
Explorer

Not sure about this, but please feel free to submit a ticket. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/

sorry, to submit a ticket is here? https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

thanks

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes. That is where to submit a ticket.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

guillots
Explorer

guillots said:

New thing, when is checked the Rift Core 2.0 Beta, the headset stays with the orange light on. tried everything but the only thing that bring it to live again (white light) is switching off the Rift Core 2.0 Beta.

is there someone else with this problem? =(

Anonymous
Not applicable

guillots said:

guillots said:

I have the same problems.  Took me a while to find out why the sensor light was yellow, but disabling rift core fixed it.

guillots
Explorer

guillots said:

guillots said:

I have the same problems.  Took me a while to find out why the sensor light was yellow, but disabling rift core fixed it.

Hi! i fix this updating the Geforce drivers to the last ones (398.82), i left beside the famous  388.59. 

now i have the Core enable again, give it a try if you are using the 388.59.

peetezaah
Explorer
OP is it all still stable?   
I'm getting some weird stutter and tracking issues lately on the latest drivers and I might have to give your pseudo-solution a try.
HP Omen 17-w103np: i7 6700HQ, GTX 1070  16GB DDR4, 3 x 3.1 Gen 1 USB, 1TB SSD + 1TB HDD 

guillots
Explorer

dRumMzZ said:

OP is it all still stable?   
I'm getting some weird stutter and tracking issues lately on the latest drivers and I might have to give your pseudo-solution a try.

hi! what is "OP"? 
when you start using the oculus goes smoothly and then starts lossing tracking and bla bla?

peetezaah
Explorer
Hello, on the internet OP means 'original poster' (the person who started the thread)  🙂  

Yea, that's sort of what is happening. Sometimes it starts smoothly, others I can see the issue on Home.
HP Omen 17-w103np: i7 6700HQ, GTX 1070  16GB DDR4, 3 x 3.1 Gen 1 USB, 1TB SSD + 1TB HDD