cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update required / No HDMI

hobbsywobbsy
Honored Guest
Hello all,

So last week I tried updating my firmware through the Oculus app, the firmware update failed then kinda got stuck in a loop until it finally completed.

I now get a 'Firmware update required / No HDMI connection' error. The firmware update completes successfully but I'm stuck with this message.

I've tried a new PC (with a fresh install) also tried a different connection/HDMI cable, tried different USB ports etc.

Has anyone encountered this before? Has the firmware fried my Rift?

Thanks

t64eoexlsflv.jpg
45 REPLIES 45

jvrbuss
Honored Guest
I currently am experience a similar problem. It says it needs to update to firmware 709/b1ae4f61ae but comes up as error and asks me to reinsert the cables but has no effect. On clicking retry without removing the cables it tells me it's updated the firmware successfully but doesn't acknowledge my visor is connected and I'm back to square one. Tried removing the whole of the Oculus app and reinstalling by to no avail. Oculus are being helpful but I think even they're clueless as to the problem.

kenneth_mccoy_9
Honored Guest
I just fired up my Oculus for the first time in a month, I'm seeing this exact issue. Looks like it's more of a widespread issue, have any of you made progress? I just made an Oculus support ticked, no response yet.

Lirulin
Honored Guest
Anyone find a fix for this? Opened a ticket last night with the same issue. 

AWESOMEx20
Honored Guest
Same here! Please let me know what you find out 🙂

VeritasSapere
Honored Guest
I am having the same problem, even plugged the headset into another system that I know that works by swapping the headsets, stil get the same error message for that headset.

I also opened a ticket, has anyone found a solution yet?

doberdus
Honored Guest
i am having the exact sme issue!

i just purchased my rift today and it is very frustrating that out of the box i am already having issues. i cant even run the setup process as it wont even let me install the firmware version and says my headset is not connected

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sometimes switching USB ports can help (USB 2.0 is also supported). If not, please open a ticket. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly the same problem has happened to me yesterday and I have raised a support ticket. My headset has been bricked after this firmware update. All cables, sensors, USB and HDMI ports are fine. PC is fine. Oculus headset is not and through no fault of the customer . Very unhappy.

tonyhk
Honored Guest
Same here... Out of the box, discovered the headset and all sensors (i.e. ruling out an install/incompatibility issue). Got told that it needed a firmware upgrade, upgraded all 3 sensors fine and now rendered the headset in bootloader, connected but no HDMI connection, firmware upgrade required in red. Anybody figured out a workaround to force a firmware upgrade when in bootloader?