cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat Saber - Community Rankings!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
If anyone is interesting in participating in Community Rankings (strictly for bragging rights) then post screenshots of your best Beat Saber scores here!

If you're looking for friends to compete with directly, then add anyone from this thread, or check out the community Friends Megathread:

Game on!

482 REPLIES 482

Wildt
Consultant
OMFG - things just got even worse!  Normally it was sorta tolerable to have technical issues fuck up your run - but you could always just quickly press OH button twice and the "Restart" button was there. Now it's not! And I've tried opting out of Public test, but to no avail!

WTF happened - are you guys getting this too?
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Hmm, it was there last time I played a few days ago. I'll lead it up shortly and test it out.

Wildt
Consultant
Right.. I've had it.. here I am sweating like a pig trying all sorts of batteries, putting in alu foil, double sided tape and what not and during hard swings the sabers just goes floating off for a second. This POS hardware wasn't build for (high level) Beat Saber - PERIOD.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
The Top 5 scorers are using Rifts with Touch just fine bro. You just gotta practice more!

(runs and hides from Wildt's competitive fury)

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
btw, I started off holding the Touch Controllers the normal way, but after this thread started I began using this new approach:

It takes a little bit of retraining, but I'm getting much better and accurate using this grip technique than when I was holding it the regular way.

Wildt
Consultant
@zenbane - I realize that, and it's just sad that hard physical swings are handicapped vs. pansy ass wrist flicks holding the controller like that.

I refuse to go down that path - I'm out. Oh and btw, I still managed this by holding back my swings..
0q96zd42aflo.png

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I haven't had the battery thing slide open on me (yet) in this game. It happened to me once in another game though, I forgot which.

However, many players are using PVC pipes (and other material) to make not just Touch Controllers, but also Vive Wands, more efficient at Beat Saber. This Software is trying to simulate a small and lengthy lightsaber handle, which neither Touch nor the bulky Wands can really truly emulate effectively for various reasons.

My main problem is that I can't keep my Thumb where it should be, so I'm constantly hitting menu buttons. But even at that, I still prefer to have my hands more "loosely free" when swinging instead of just tightly gripping the entire time.

After you step away for a bit, you should consider modding your Touch controllers, similar to what people have done for Onward and other games.

Also consider this "rubberband" approach that someone came up with to mimic the Knuckles:

pyroth309
Visionary
Lol no, I don't sit while playing but when I'm going for scores I am pretty stationary. It was a figure of speech.

The problem we're having isn't the battery cover moving. (or at least for me) it's the battery inside literally moving against the spring because of the G-forces being applied which causes the positive terminal to lose connection for a second which makes the controller have to resync and you get a floaty effect. I've tried modifying my grip several times and using more wrist to reduce G-forces and it works but it just makes things awkward and also just makes my forearms start burning a lot faster lol.

And I don't doubt it's possible to get high scores with the Rift and Touch but for me,having to overcome all the tech issues requires more dedication and patience than I have is all.

Also Zen, a trick I learned to stop my thumbs hitting menu button as I had same issue is that when I play beat saber, I squeeze the trigger and grip button almost the entire time to stop my thumb's urges to grip at the top. There's no detriment to squeezing those buttons other than probably draining battery a little faster.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
That does work for me for awhile pyro (squeezing the controller while swinging), but the problem is that after 30-45 minutes my grip starts to loosen; both from fatigue and sweat.

The "cup style" hold that I depicted earlier is now my preferred way. I am becoming very accurate and I can execute swings without having to grip anything too tightly. This lets me play for 1-2 hours without my hands cramping up lol

Wildt
Consultant

pyroth309 said:

I've tried modifying my grip several times and using more wrist to reduce G-forces and it works but it just makes things awkward and also just makes my forearms start burning a lot faster lol.

And I don't doubt it's possible to get high scores with the Rift and Touch but for me,having to overcome all the tech issues requires more dedication and patience than I have is all.

TOTALLY how I feel.