cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Things going on here that need fixing! And considering returning my oculus rift if there is no fix

Kuroyuki28
Explorer
So the first and simplest of the 2 is that I am having a goddam hard time trying to get all 4 of my sensors working. I have all the bells and whistles needed for 4 sensors to work, I got a dedicated card, with 4 USB controllers on it, and I still have a hell of a time getting the software to read 3 of the dang sensors, let alone 2. I get a poor tracking quality warning on 2 of them, no clue why, and it seems to change from time to time which sensors it is, but it is always 2 of them, rarely just 1 of them. Then, recently, when I go into VR, my guardian sensor net gets all messed up! I think it is because the number of sensors changed and it was trying to make up for it. Completely turned around the boundary I set up, almost ran into a wall because of it. When I went to reset the boundary it was only reading 2 of my senors, despite there being 4 of the detected. What the heck am I doing wrong, or does the oculus software just absolutely suck, and there is no way to fix it? I can't play a dang thing like this, so if I can't get a fix to this, I am contemplating returning the entire setup!

The second problem is a weird one, definitely software related. Somehow, something in beatsaber messes with something in the OVRServer_x64.exe 651191-public SC:67872015225 process, causing all sound to stop playing, even crashing my volume mixer, the one that is on every windows machine. Maybe related to sound drivers. It doesn't always happen after the same amount of time, but anywhere from 3 minutes to 15 minutes all sounds in the VR headset will crash, basically. The reason I know it is related to OVRServer_x64.exe 651191-public SC:67872015225 is because if you quit beatsaber, kill that process, let it restart, your sound will be back.
16 REPLIES 16

Kuroyuki28
Explorer
I DID. In every part of the room, in every pose imaginable, I did. It didn't see it. I have the sensors at 8ft, I am 6 ft. They all point towards the center of the room, I was at the center of the room, with the sensor above my head, there is nothing physically blocking the sensors from seeing the remote.

LZoltowski
Champion

I DID. In every part of the room, in every pose imaginable, I did. It didn't see it. I have the sensors at 8ft, I am 6 ft. They all point towards the center of the room, I was at the center of the room, with the sensor above my head, there is nothing physically blocking the sensors from seeing the remote.

Did you try the other one? Maybe put in a fresh set of batteries in there?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Kuroyuki28
Explorer

Did you try the other one? Maybe put in a fresh set of batteries in there?

I did. I even have 2 sets of remotes. None of them worked.

kickassretard
Protege
There are two versions of the startech card, one has four ports and 2 controllers and one has 4 ports and 4 controllers. The one you linked to has 2 controllers. It should work fine for 4 sensors, I'm just pointing out that there are two models.

The USB extensions on the other hand are passive cables. When you add the length of the sensor cables to the length of the extension cables you are exceding the max length for a reliable USB 3 connection. You need cables with built-in USB repeaters, also known as active USB cables.

Anonymous
Not applicable
My first step would be to remove all of the extension cable completely, then try a 2 sensor setup for a quick test, if ok try 3 if ok then the 4th sensor.

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star

geebee666 said:

My first step would be to remove all of the extension cable completely, then try a 2 sensor setup for a quick test, if ok try 3 if ok then the 4th sensor.

Precisely.  OP, take a systematic approach and try to get each sensor to work without any extension cables.  Try 1 sensor at a time then start adding sensors.  Then if it works begin by adding 1 extension cable at a time.

This will isolate exactly what is causing the issue.

Kuroyuki28
Explorer
I believe I have said that one of the sensors I am referring to, is one without an extension cable. So that isn't the issue. I have set it up with these errors before, but it suddenly stopped seeing the remote at that part in the setup.