cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dog Peed on my Rift Headse

Anonymous
Not applicable
uph4v3qhi1iy.jpegIt dried and It reeks. It’s on the plastic and all in the stretch Lycra surround the lenses. The little A**hole wandered into the room and decided to mark them as his own. I know the lenses are delicate and have only tried a tiny drop of dish soap for the Lycra. Did nearly nothing. Is it possible to remove the Lycra and put it back? The smell is rancid and he literally lined up the entire nose portion and let er’ Rip. Any ideas? 
25 REPLIES 25

Techy111
MVP
MVP
£379 in the UK and dropping, thats for the Marvel pack 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

danybonin
Protege
ahahah... sorry but its funny. Is your dog an VIVE fan?
13900ks
nvidia rtx 4090
32GB

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

danybonin said:

ahahah... sorry but its funny. Is your dog an VIVE fan?

Obviously a rifter wanting him to invest more in Oculus ❤️

99.9% invest and spend more money on the brand they love. Some walk up upon John Lennon alikes.
Im just guessing but still quite sure the dog belongs to 1st category.
Be good, die great !

This could be what happens when you give more attention to the Rift than to the dog.

Edit: Don't do the same with the wife... result could be worse.

Techy111
MVP
MVP

Edit: Don't do the same with the wife... result could be worse.

Oh sooooooo true 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

CrashFu
Consultant
If you can't get an RMA on it  (definitely ask support, just in case) and the above cleaning methods don't work, shoot me a private message;  I have an extra rift system and I might be willing to work something out in terms of a replacement headset.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Techy111
MVP
MVP

CrashFu said:

If you can't get an RMA on it  (definitely ask support, just in case) and the above cleaning methods don't work, shoot me a private message;  I have an extra rift system and I might be willing to work something out in terms of a replacement headset.

Post of the year award

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Best thread ever!

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Yep, this reminds me why I like this community.

If Oculus can't RMA the headset, and I understand if they're unable to... and if CrashFu is generous enough to donate his spare.... perhaps Oculus could see their way to passing some store credit CrashFu's way 😉

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Plus 1....... @cybereality please watch mate 😉