cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Unacceptable At This Point

Tpfitz
Protege
Just reset my computer. Didn't think about all the hoopla I had to go through to get the Go to work correctly with Windows 10. Well, that was back then ... I'm sure through firmware updates/software updates everythings worked out by now ... right?

No.

Seriously, this is like a basic function .. you know ... plugging the device in your computers usb and transfering files to it. basic function STILL NOT WORKING.

And I'm to the point where I dont even care enough to figure it all out again. Oh ... I've done the Samsung driver thing ... still not working ... i dont care anymore.

Wheres the OTG support? A simple software update. Still not there. Why can't I mirror my laptop screen through wired connection? This is also a very simple function. Oh .... because Oculus wants me to buy the more expensive model for that? Why should I when I can't even plug and play to transfer files to the entry level model.

I accidently unpaired my Go controller on my phone. I couldnt figure out why my controller wouldnt work .. thought i had a dead battery ... but at least i should be able to click on things without a controller using the volume controls so i can watch a movie ... at the very least ..... right?

No. Only works on the bottom menu .. but not on the actual library menu system. Who thought this sh*t out?

What the hell is going on at the Oculus camp? This is an "entry" level device meant to suck people into the VR world and get them to buy the more expensive models ... yet you know what I'm doing now? I'm researching the Vive headset ... because this one had a horrible release with HALF BAKED SOFTWARE ... and when i gave the oculus camp the benefit of the doubt and gave them time to fix some pretty big issues ... THEY STILL HAVENT.

Last Oculus purchase.

(oh, and i dont appreciate forcing me to have an app on my phone that is collecting my data. Screw that too. Why should my Go controller be paired with my Oculus Go headset ... THROUGH MY PHONE ... thats ridiculous. We all know why .... So Oculus can have an app on my phone disguised as a software hub when it is totally unneccessary and only designed to track me and steal my data)

I'm done with it. Researching other headsets now. Good job Oculus.

You had one job ...... keep me in your ecosystem.

and you done f***ed it up.

4 REPLIES 4

ShermanHerman
Protege
I agree about the manual use with no controller, you should be able to run simple apps with the volume buttons.  I learned the hard way when my controller broke

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I'd recommend researching long and hard mate. The vive camp has woeful (really!!!)customer support 😞
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
NM.

Anonymous
Not applicable
i dont appreciate forcing me to have an app on my phone that is collecting my data.

Just passing by to say : LOL.
This is the kind of shit people say when they talk about things they don't know a damn thing about.

- For the record, EVERY phone app requires some of your "personal" data and thus, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE APPS record your data. Even game apps require some data to run. Not convinced? Here is an example : the app NEEDS to know what Android version you have, otherwise it simply can't run well (if you use a recent game with an old Android, it would freeze or glitch). So, the game checks your phone to see what version you have and runs if you meet the requirements, or send you an error message if you don't. You can even see what data each app requires in your phone settings.
Anyway, the Oculus Go app is no exception.

- Call it "stealing" or "spying" or whatever. What makes you believe someone gives a sh*t about your personal data? I'll be blunt : no one takes a look at your personal data, you're just not important enough. Sure, it may be recorded on a server. Sure, it may not be anonymous. But the only things that see your personal data are f*cking programs. Do you care about your walls "seeing" your private life? No? Then why do you care about programs? They're fucking objects (not even real)!

I'm sorry to be rude, but the one thing I can't stand is people talking shit about things they don't know. Don't talk about tech if you don't know anything about it.