cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video plays too fast

hyenanna
Honored Guest
I'm suddenly having issues with my videos playing too fast in my oculus go. Both audio and video is speeding up in the first 2 seconds. Any suggestions?
18 REPLIES 18

jgoishere
Honored Guest
I'm having similar problem. The downloaded 360 video plays normal speed except in 360 mode on the Oculus Go. In 360 mode, the video and audio is fast.

hyenanna
Honored Guest
Didn't think about testing the other modes but now I see that it's exactly the same thing for me, it's only in 360 mode the video and audio speeds up. Have you found any solution yet? 

Ambrose360
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue with the audio sounding like it is a vinyl record that is being sped up 1.5x 

VRebecca
Honored Guest
This problem has really disrupted my workflow.  It has just started happening for me when looking at my own uploaded 360 videos in gallery.  I thought maybe it was an encoding error, and re encoded all my videos at various settings, bitrates etc, but to no avail.  I can only watch them in 360 mode, so not sure if they play ok in any other viewing format.   After reading this post I checked older videos I know played back perfectly and they are now playing back too fast as well.  So I'm wondering it if's related to an update I am unaware of - has there been an update that might have affected this?  Thoughts anyone?  PS Content in apps is playing at the right speed.  

greenhousefilms
Honored Guest
I am having the exact same problem with both TB 360 video and Stereo.

dt1900
Honored Guest
Same problem here. Any ideas on cause or way to fix it?

kimika
Honored Guest
I can replicate this and don't know how to fix it. 

VRebecca
Honored Guest
I've sent a request to oculus to look into it, but in the meantime in case this is helpful to anyone, here are some detailed specs for video uploads: https://creator.oculus.com/distribute/oculus-video/

dt1900
Honored Guest
I factory reset my Go and am no longer having the problem. I had previously been doing some development work on it, including adb mirroring as described here: https://pixvana.com/sharing-your-oculus-go-screen-on-your-laptop/. perhaps the ADB commands could have set something with the framerate?