cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx1080Ti and RTX 2080Ti best price/comparison thread

Techy111
MVP
MVP

As per the title, this thread is intended to be a quick reference for current best prices on these two cards, a they're generating a lot of interest right now. If theres a stand-out great deal, please tag me and I'll update this first post to include that. Feel free to add prices for whatever region you're in and in whatever currency, but please avoid any posts not related to this specific topic, thanks and keep a tight hold of those credit cards.

To start off:

Scan UK prices:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING SC  £629.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti WINDFORCE OC    £1,049.99

EVGA 2080 ti xc will cost $1700 ( 10.999 dkr ) 

Dutch prices for Founders edition =

RTX 2080 TI - 1260 Euro's
RTX 2080 - 850 Euro's
RTX 2070 - 640 Euro's

Canadian prices -

EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming: $1099.
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming: $1199.
Other 2080 variants are in between those two prices. 

Ti versions are between $1600 and $1750.
No 2070 listed yet.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

538 REPLIES 538

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
well with the 20xx release and the cryptocrazyness the 10xx will and is getting cheaper opening the doors for more users being able to afford highend VR.
 The next couple of months are gonna be exciting for HMD sales i believe.
Be good, die great !

Star-lizard
Rising Star

YoLolo69
Trustee
Before Christmas I'll build my new machine which will be a beast (I7 9700K or 9900K with RTX 2080 TI). Hopefully here in France we will not suffers for Trump decisions, at least on that topic.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I think brexit has a bad future for the UK where pricing is involved 😞
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Techy111 said:

Not for long. Leaving the EU means we can import from countries outside the EU such as the Far East, the US, Australia, India etc etc without monetary or volume restrictions.

In a few years we'll see the benefits of this through cheaper electronic equipment, cars etc.

In the meantime the German car industry in particular is shitting bricks.

These negotiations are a game of chicken but unfortunately this government couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and we've seen from this Chequers deal that they're prepared to blink first.

So basically by the time the 2200 cards are released we should benefit from cheaper imports from Japan in particular.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I can't help thinking that the prices of new high-end Nvidia cards are somewhat artificial - that is, Nvidia takes what they can. When GeForce 3 was launched it was state of the art - most advanced gpu ever - a lot of the fastest ram available. Has anything really changed? Would Nvidia be able to make a profit selling 2080 Ti for $599? Maybe we'll never know - but I'm not sure that it's much more expensive to make a high-end video card today than it was 15 years ago, of course current gpus are more complicated, but the factories have evolved too... 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Good question. I'd love to know the overhead for producing one card but I'm sure the prices are higher because of the new tech and I bet a lot of components are out sourced. So in short I reckon there is a LOT of different suppliers to pay.

LZoltowski
Champion

snowdog said:

Techy111 said:

Not for long. Leaving the EU means we can import from countries outside the EU such as the Far East, the US, Australia, India etc etc without monetary or volume restrictions.

In a few years we'll see the benefits of this through cheaper electronic equipment, cars etc.

In the meantime the German car industry in particular is shitting bricks.

These negotiations are a game of chicken but unfortunately this government couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and we've seen from this Chequers deal that they're prepared to blink first.

So basically by the time the 2200 cards are released we should benefit from cheaper imports from Japan in particular.

You know the rules, no politics
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP
My fault, I mentioned the B word

LZoltowski
Champion
Yes, this was directed at everyone. Thanks! 🙂
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂