cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sitting down

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, i have just purchased oculus rift for my sim racing and elite, i only want my rift to work for me sitting down,  is there a simple way of setting this up  ??.  Do i set my sensors for standing , I did try setting it for the height whilst sitting and that was too low, and set for standing and i was too high.
Do i set my sensors at the same height both facing my face or can i put 1 sensor behind me, also the first time i tried setting up the sensors i did it without room scale because literally i only have the room for my sim rig and it sort of worked ok ish, help
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
if sitting you only need one sensor... I exclusively simrace and only have one sensor for my rig.
my other sensor and touch controllers are just collecting dust at present.

Anonymous
Not applicable
BTW a photo 7slk7wogpkyh.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks Rolz, how do you set your height ?, as in height sitting

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just set it all up for standing, start a game where you are sitting down, press the Oculus button on the remote/right Touch controller/Xbox button on an Xbox controller and click on Reset View. If you're playing Elite Dangerous you can use F12 as a shortcut.

Anonymous
Not applicable
cheers snowdog, do you think its better with 1 sensor or 2 ?,

Anonymous
Not applicable
2 sensors because then you can play the standing games too.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Go ahead and set up both sensors, you have them wth not? Whilst you may not need it, still better to have it for even better tracking. Plus go ahead and set up Touch while you are at it. Trust me, when I bought my Rift I thought I would never need Touch, I only did combat flight sims,  once I tried them I was like - are you kidding me?

I have had a blast with some Touch supported games, granted my flight sims still get the bulk of my time, but some Touch games make for a nice diversion at times. Having a blast with Star Trek Bridge Crew.

Anonymous
Not applicable

snowdog said:

2 sensors because then you can play the standing games too.

i cant play standing games because i have spinal damage and only have about 12 inch x 12 inch square to stand in.

Anonymous
Not applicable
cheers dburne, i have my sim rig with triple screens so i would end up breaking something