cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will we definitely hear about Santa Cruz or CV2 this month?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
What is Oculus Connect usually about? Will we definitely hear about Santa Cruz or CV2 this month? I've just taken that we will, but is there a chance we won't hear a thing about them? I'm wishing the days away because I'm either buying a CV2, Santa Cruz or a 4K television. That's if the two VR headsets are not going to be released any time soon..
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suspect it will be mostly about SC and other software future developments planned and I will be dissappointed.
I strongly hope that something is revealed about a CV2 with possible time frame for release, but I sure ain't holding my breath for that.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Yes, I was just automatically thinking we would hear about Santa Cruz and CV2, but I think I need to come back down to earth..

nrosko
Superstar
I think there is a very high chance of hearing absolutely jack about CV2. SC is certainly going o be talked about & most likely announced.
I'm just hoping that they surprise us with something positive other than SC.
If that isn't CV2 then maybe there is a wireless adapter for the rift or they have done something crazy with the software that drops the minimum spec even lower or SC can be tethered after all & it has Foveated rendering with eye tracking.
Maybe some nice partnership with some major publishers.

Digikid1
Consultant
When is Connect?

LZoltowski
Champion

Digikid1 said:

When is Connect?

September 26th

There is a schedule, noticed there are very few sessions tagged Santa Cruz, I would imagine there will be a small update on SC and a full CV2 announcement/pre-orders.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

nrosko said:

I think there is a very high chance of hearing absolutely jack about CV2. SC is certainly going o be talked about & most likely announced.
I'm just hoping that they surprise us with something positive other than SC.
If that isn't CV2 then maybe there is a wireless adapter for the rift or they have done something crazy with the software that drops the minimum spec even lower or SC can be tethered after all & it has Foveated rendering with eye tracking.
Maybe some nice partnership with some major publishers.

I'm expecting Oculus to announce Positional ATW, which should give the same effect as ASW but without the artefacts as far as I understand it. Not sure if that's going to lower the specs again though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Digikid1 said:

When is Connect?

September 26th

There is a schedule, noticed there are very few sessions tagged Santa Cruz, I would imagine there will be a small update on SC and a full CV2 announcement/pre-orders.

I so hope you are right, I keep thinking - well Nvidia put those new Virtual Link ports on the 2080 cards for a reason, so maybe.. just maybe...

I try not to get my hopes up much though.

LZoltowski
Champion

dburne said:

Digikid1 said:

When is Connect?

September 26th

I so hope you are right, I keep thinking - well Nvidia put those new Virtual Link ports on the 2080 cards for a reason, so maybe.. just maybe...

I try not to get my hopes up much though.

Given that 95% of Rift users use Nvidia, I think Nvidia is very much in the Oculus camp.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Shiiiiiittttttt 😞 if they announce CV2 I'll be one of the last to order. After splashing out on the rtx ti i won't be getting the cv2 until it's half price lol
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.