cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(SOLVED) Extreme stutter in Oculus Home

Pic0o
Protege
Hello.  I have been seeing a little bit of janky glitching in Home / Dash but recently I am seeing Red to Yellow performance in my Beta Home Space.  I used to be able to avoid the issue by loading Home a second time, but my 1080 TI is chugging in Home but playing everything else fine.  For the heck of it, I tried updating to nvidia drivers 391.35 but it is still really janky and frames are chopping out.  This is the case even if I set graphics to Low settings.

Games seem to play fine and smooth but I am at a loss why the home space is so glitchy.  I reset my layout to default but it was also just as bad.  I seem to recall older Nvidia drivers seemed to soothe this issue and was curious if anyone else saw a big hit in performance lately.  I want to say the hard fps drops happened within the last few weeks to a month now.

I've been watching my thermals but my graphics card has been max around 66 C / 150 F.  Processor (i7-7700k) has been essentially the same under load.  I will roll back my drivers and see if that helps, but otherwise I'm at a loss. 
3 REPLIES 3

LZoltowski
Champion
It happened to me once, a reboot of PC solved it, never came back ... Anything new you are running in the background? 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Pic0o
Protege
Thank you for the quick reply!  I did have an update to Razer Synapse software lately, but closing that didn't seem to make any change in performance issues.
I did uninstall my Nvidia graphics drivers and reinstalled them.  It might be unrelated but I specifically declined the checkbox to install the 3D graphics drivers.  Once I did that with version 398.36 drivers my performance jumped back up to Green with brief yellow icon and much better frame rates than when I was seeing Red performance and hard chops.

Just rebooting before changing my drivers did not help, but I have seen that work in the past.  Thanks again 🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
That can happen with a monitoring software conflict. If you have MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner or similar, please disable them before going into VR. Other apps can also conflict, such as f.lux, Asus AI/Sonic Suite, M-Audio, or TeamViewer.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV