cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you working on?

Anonymous
Not applicable
After posting my first sculpt, it was quite a while until I got around to making a sketchbook thread.  Sometimes I wanted to post an individual piece, but there really didn't seem to be a place to do that.  Even now, I don't usually post "in-progress" sketches that I may or may not get back to, and generally use finished/mostly finished sculpts in the sketchbook. 

Anyhow, it would be interesting to see what other people are working on once they've posted their "First Medium Sculpt", so here's a place to do that 🙂
527 REPLIES 527

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the second to last image I took before I passed out last night.  Not sure if this is the point I'll continue from, but it was easy to locate in my file folder
k16vnx7piorf.png
zoomed in a bit, since the other is a long distance view, still just stamps, lightbulbs and move tool.  May eventually add some paint, but not yet
btu424efn24o.png

LZoltowski
Champion
You ever tried exporting this stuff into HOME and create a gallery of your work? @DreamShaper ? Would love to visit your exhibition
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

You ever tried exporting this stuff into HOME and create a gallery of your work? @DreamShaper ? Would love to visit your exhibition

Haven't set that up yet? Thought that had some kind of conflict with medium?  Is there a maximum file size?

LZoltowski
Champion

Haven't set that up yet? Thought that had some kind of conflict with medium?  Is there a maximum file size?

Works fine, medium is really good ad decimating the mesh to fit within the file limit.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Works fine, medium is really good ad decimating the mesh to fit within the file limit.

Cool.  Not quite sure how to go about that, but I'm sure the info is out there.  Is that the beta build, or can you do it with the standard build now?

LZoltowski
Champion

Cool.  Not quite sure how to go about that, but I'm sure the info is out there.  Is that the beta build, or can you do it with the standard build now?

You can do it now, in Medium .. go to Share ... and select Home .. simple as that
then when you are in home, open the objects menu and it should automatically be in My imported objects

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread... ignore my post 🙂

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
The key to these big projects for me is to break it down into chunks. Tonight wasn't about sculpting two figures. It was about sculpting a right leg. I used the ecorche ref mesh to lay out the muscles. Tomorrow I'll pull up some photo refs and finish off the knee and the foot and tidy up anything else. Then I'll tackle the left leg. It's a long haul. One step at a time
me8l93kf4bcy.jpg
w1gjnhpqzfeo.jpg
wqsiab7bi9on.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Left leg was bugging me so I brought that up to the same stage as the right. I'll detail both the knees and feet together. Also did a bit of blocking on the arms just to get the scale a bit better. They were way too skinny before. Forearms especially. Think I probably need to go a bit more still?
eaez8uent5xi.jpg
ziba0euyqcel.jpg
pldlx7ie13zp.jpg

LZoltowski
Champion
Nice progress @P3nT4gR4m

Some frames from the animation, will be posting the full breakdown + video on my sketchbook later in the week.

Renders are going slow AF, so far this project is taking up 150GB of space 🙂

Total frames in animation around 3250 x 11 passes, that is 35750 files in 16bit exr format. Phew. This has turned out to be a little bit more than just a cheeky little sculpt!

3jfcs52k1437.jpg 

Be kind to one another 🙂