cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch Oculus Connect Keynotes and Esports sessions with Oculus Venues on the GO and Gear VR

LZoltowski
Champion

Oculus Venues: Your Virtual Ticket to OC5

We partnered with Supersphere to let the VR community feel there without being there, thanks to a social VR livestream with Oculus Venues on Oculus Go and Gear VR. Given the uniquely social nature of Venues, you can chat with fellow fans in the crowd, share commentary as events unfold, and even move seats to get to know more people in VR.

Beginning at 10:00 am PT on September 26, you can join us LIVE as the OC5 keynote unfolds, including all the latest VR and developer news. The esports action kicks off from 12:00 to 5:00 pm PT, heating up the demo hall. That night, watch as the main stage transforms into an esports arena for the VR League’s Onward Grand Finals from 6:00 to 10:00 pm PT. Tune in September 27 at 10:00 am PT for Oculus CTO John Carmack’s signature unscripted keynote. And last, but not least, get your fix of zero-g sports with Echo Arena competitive play from 12:00 to 4:00 pm PT.

Check out the full list of Oculus Events happening LIVE in Venues and subscribe now so you won’t miss out:

https://www.oculus.com/blog/announcing-oc5-livestreaming-in-oculus-venues-plus-the-void-and-ilmxlab-...
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
32 REPLIES 32

I would, if i owned one but i opted for the premium, more expensive Rift.   😕
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
We might be able to watch it on the Rift with the same app they used last year. Mind you it did fail miserably so perhaps not lmfao 😄 

Perhaps @cybereality could find out whether us Rift owners are going to be able to see things in VR either by the previous app or a new one that hasn't been announced yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would imagine they will have it available in the Rift again as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think ANYBODY saw it last time in VR, they weren't prepared for the bandwidth usage by the looks of things. If they are going to reuse the same app I hope they're better prepared.

Anonymous
Not applicable

snowdog said:

I don't think ANYBODY saw it last time in VR, they weren't prepared for the bandwidth usage by the looks of things. If they are going to reuse the same app I hope they're better prepared.

I was able to view it in VR last time.

LZoltowski
Champion

snowdog said:

It's being done by an external company this year: http://superspherevr.com/ they have done a few Oculus Venues events now.

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
Also from the post:

More Ways to Watch
We’ll host 2D livestreams of the keynotes and esports events on a number of channels. You can watch the live keynotes on the Oculus Facebook page, while fb.gg/vrleague is your one-stop shop for all things esports. If you own a Rift and are running the Rift Core 2.0 beta, put those embedded Dash panels to good use and invite some friends over to watch our live OC5 coverage in VR with a Group Hang-Out!
We’ll also share recordings of even more OC5 content including tech talks, panels, and more on our YouTube channel—be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss a beat.

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
So no VR coverage for Rift owners. Disappointing.

2D Dash panels in the Rift is not my idea of VR. Grrrrrrrrrr.

(& I made that noise out loud)