Yellow spots on the screen of Oculus Go — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Yellow spots on the screen of Oculus Go

jingtai.liujingtai.liu Posts: 2
NerveGear
There are some yellow spots on the center of the screen, they remained on the screen no matter what applications I used, and they are really annoying. I am wondering if there is any way to get rid of them. These spots appeared three days ago, and I purchased the Oculus Go about three weeks ago. Thank you!
Tagged:

Comments

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,840 Valuable Player
    The sun got to it. Unfortunately it is not covered under warranty according to Oculus. 
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,233 Valuable Player
    There are some yellow spots on the center of the screen, they remained on the screen no matter what applications I used, and they are really annoying. I am wondering if there is any way to get rid of them. These spots appeared three days ago, and I purchased the Oculus Go about three weeks ago. Thank you!
    You left it in the sun 3 days ago, didn't you?

Can you take a pic of them?
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Most likely this is sun damage. This can happen if the lenses are exposed to sunlight, even for a few moments. Unfortunately, the damage is permanent and there is no way to fix it. I would recommend contacting us and we'll see if there is any way to help. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • jingtai.liujingtai.liu Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    TwoHedWlf said:
    You left it in the sun 3 days ago, didn't you?

Can you take a pic of them?
    Thank you guys very much for the replies! It is probably damaged by the sun, I did take the Oculus Go outside of the room on that day and left it in the car for a while. I tried to take a screenshot in Oculus Go, but the photo did not have these spots, maybe because it is a hardware problem.  
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,233 Valuable Player
     I tried to take a screenshot in Oculus Go, but the photo did not have these spots, maybe because it is a hardware problem.  
    Haha, I hope you mean you tried to take a shot of the screen with a camera.  Yeah, you're not going to see it without a camera if it's a hardware problem.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,721 Volunteer Moderator
    Yes, the lenses focused the sun onto the screens and burned them.

It is important to keep the GO out of direct sunlight.

Basically, this is what happened:

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • Preston_JPreston_J Posts: 23 Oculus Start Member
    Yep, this just happened to me today.  I've got the burned yellow spots all on the screen.   I didn't know they were that sensitive.  I was filming outside today with a Canon 7D, and it has a UV filter on it.  My Go was on my backpack and must have had some direct hits by the sun while I was filming Cosplayers.    On the bright side I did get a second Go this week from the Oculus Start program!  :-)   And today I ordered the new Oculus Go case.  A bit late for me.  But if you are like me who takes their Go on the Go, keep it out of the sun and maybe invest $35 into the Go Case.  https://www.oculus.com/go/accessories/
  • AquamaniacAquamaniac Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Can this happen with a game.  I have a bright spot in the top of my field of view but have only been using it inside.  I was playing a shooting game last night, turned it off, plugged it in and went to bed. The unit sits in one of the cases on its side while charging.  I got up this morning and when I put it on there was that yellowish dot.  
  • yuconyucon Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    We already have two oculus go glasses with this problem and they had no direct sunlight. It seems like a production problem. 
  • stanthe-manstanthe-man Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Mine has a prism dot in bottom corner and never been in sun,must be software problem,will not buy another oculus again,put on charge ,after charge 1/4 in dot appears,not happy.
  • Nekto2Nekto2 Posts: 244
    Nexus 6
    Could it be hardware overheat?