cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8Bitdo SN30 Pro / SF30 Pro Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anybody here have any experience with the 8Bitdo controllers?

I am considering picking up an SN30 Pro (being a North American, I actually like the purple buttons over the Famicon buttons - lol).

I am just wondering if anybody has experience with the brand?

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wanted to say - I did buy this controller about 2 months ago. It is fantastic - I only use this controller now on the PC, the SNES controller is easily my favourite controller design ever - and being able to play new games with it is awesome. My hands get less fatigued with this than they did with the 360 or PS4 controllers - and games that use a DPAD for movement feel incredible now. Was definitely worth the buy!

cybereality
Grand Champion
I like them. I have one for my Switch, and it works well for some games (like Celeste, I think it's better than the Joy-cons). They actually work with Go too, but the face buttons are reversed (A is B and vice-versa) so it's a little confusing.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
I still want to get a Switch - not sure when I'll pick on up, but I want to play the new Mario and Zelda games for sure. I haven't owned a Nintendo system since the Wii which I did not care for, but I absolutely still love my Gamecube - lots of gems on that system.

I just love the buttons on this controller - especially the d-pad. The SNES controller always had the best button feel to me, and this replicates it near perfect. I didn't have to much trouble adjusting to the buttons being reversed because I tend to not look at my controller to often anymore as I was using a PS4 controller before and most games on the PC show the xbox icons (that darn X through me for a loop initially, lol).

Part of the love I have for this controller is definitely nostalgia based - I love the North American SNES colour scheme, and the concave X+Y buttons. It just feels exactly the way I remember it - I am still kicking myself in the ass for selling my SNES and games like 15 years ago, but this takes the hurt away a little.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@cybereality

Did you get the North American (purple buttons) variant or the European (colour buttons) one?

I had the option for both - I went with the NA for nostalgia reasons, as that was the SNES that I grew up with. I don't know why the NA version gets such a bad rap - I always thought it looked awesome growing up.

Image result for snes north american game colours
Image result for snes north american game colours

cybereality
Grand Champion
I have the US version, mostly for nostalgia as you said, but I think the EU coloring looks better.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV