cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx1080Ti and RTX 2080Ti best price/comparison thread

Techy111
MVP
MVP

As per the title, this thread is intended to be a quick reference for current best prices on these two cards, a they're generating a lot of interest right now. If theres a stand-out great deal, please tag me and I'll update this first post to include that. Feel free to add prices for whatever region you're in and in whatever currency, but please avoid any posts not related to this specific topic, thanks and keep a tight hold of those credit cards.

To start off:

Scan UK prices:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING SC  £629.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti WINDFORCE OC    £1,049.99

EVGA 2080 ti xc will cost $1700 ( 10.999 dkr ) 

Dutch prices for Founders edition =

RTX 2080 TI - 1260 Euro's
RTX 2080 - 850 Euro's
RTX 2070 - 640 Euro's

Canadian prices -

EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming: $1099.
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming: $1199.
Other 2080 variants are in between those two prices. 

Ti versions are between $1600 and $1750.
No 2070 listed yet.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

538 REPLIES 538

Devilstower
Expert Protege
One HDMI, one USB-C, and a stack of DP. Since I saved $100 by going with the Gigabyte Windforce OC (which was the cheapest 2080 I could find)., I don't get a DP to DVI adapter. So until I lay my hands on an adapter, my Rift is sitting quiet.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

One HDMI, one USB-C, and a stack of DP. Since I saved $100 by going with the Gigabyte Windforce OC (which was the cheapest 2080 I could find)., I don't get a DP to DVI adapter. So until I lay my hands on an adapter, my Rift is sitting quiet.

Good luck with trying to get your CV1 working with the DP, I tried every adaptor there is and mine refuses to work with the DP. I know other people can get it to work with that port, but I'm just saying my CV1 won't work with it for some reason. I just get a blank display..

oldgamergazza
Expert Protege
Why not get a DP converter for the PC and plug the CV1 into the HDMI?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

That's actually what I'm doing, I've never experienced any problems.  

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

That's what I did the CV1 doesn't have a DP connector, it has to be converted to Hdmi..

LZoltowski
Champion

RedRizla said:

That's what I did the CV1 doesn't have a DP connector, it has to be converted to Hdmi..

I think they mean your rift plugged into HDMI and your monitor into a DP via dongle, that way you dont have to get an expensive dongle too.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I was looking at the new iPhones. People paying $1000 for what? It makes the 2080 ti seem reasonably priced. 

I remember back in the day when paying $300 for a phone was considered a lot. Now it's $1000?! I guess that's why that video cards are $1,000 too. The global economy is good. People have more money.  

And the issue of an upgrade not getting you much bang for your buck is there with the iphones too. I still have no reason to upgrade my 6s plus. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think people are butt hurt over the price for say - but that fact that the cost of getting the highest end card keeps creeping up. Lots of people felt like NV wouldn't do that and with the largest market share - they had no reason in doing so. Most people gave it a past last release because they saw larger gains from the die shrink and thought it was worth the value of the extra cost. Instead - with this release - they're not seeing either of that because of the fact it's still on the same shrink and the increase of die size costing more for little gain in performance.

On the flip side - I really don't understand people's reasoning for the bashing for say - saying performance is all that matters - when reality - it's not about performance but the quality of game play/eye candy. Other wise, we still be on simple PS1 gaming graphics for 3d. RTX is allowing for that higher quality of eye candy in the long term once we figure out the best rendering methods. Plus anything to automate programming goes a long way in terms of what we get in return. Stuff like lighting, particle effects, and AI takes a large amount of time that can now be shifted to hardware to do the work. That is amazing when you consider the design time it takes to get all that working right.

I like both NV and AMD - but AMD did drop the ball this time around and I think NV didn't know what to do so they release hardware now to support features later on in the future. This makes sense in the long haul even if people are getting a bit butt hurt over a card I don't think they were getting either way xD Most people usually go for the 1070s or 2070s cards - not the 2080s or 2080tis. IF performance is your only goal - then that means performance per dollar is your key factor here. You are better off looking at last gen for the best bank for the buck meaning price wise you are getting more performance going for a used or new 1080 or 1080ti than looking at the 2070 cards.

In the future though - we're getting to the laws of physics - no longer are we going to see cheaper performance gains from shrinks or money saving cost. Even if we focus on just features sets to improve performance - that's still going to cost more than what shrinks gave us in both directions.  At some point - GPUs and CPUs are going to have to increase their cost and value as we near the limits of how far we can go. I think in 20 years - it will not be unheard of for both of these chips to be in the upper 1k$ anyways. Hell - smartphones are going to see that as well as they have became mini computers on their own - some reaching laptop performance already. Even then - who really needs laptop performance on a cell phone unless we can take advantage of it I guess. Then again - most of their money is being poured into battery technology as their only hope to get out of having to increase phone size. It's already starting to get hard for them to get anymore performance out of their chips with in the same power request.

LZoltowski
Champion
Prices for the 2080Ti are creeping up fast, this was £1049.00 a week ago. WHat in the hell is going on?

pbpo17c3rfbv.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Prices for the 2080Ti are creeping up fast, this was £1049.00 a week ago. WHat in the hell is going on?

Supply and demand ~