cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx1080Ti and RTX 2080Ti best price/comparison thread

Techy111
MVP
MVP

As per the title, this thread is intended to be a quick reference for current best prices on these two cards, a they're generating a lot of interest right now. If theres a stand-out great deal, please tag me and I'll update this first post to include that. Feel free to add prices for whatever region you're in and in whatever currency, but please avoid any posts not related to this specific topic, thanks and keep a tight hold of those credit cards.

To start off:

Scan UK prices:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING SC  £629.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti WINDFORCE OC    £1,049.99

EVGA 2080 ti xc will cost $1700 ( 10.999 dkr ) 

Dutch prices for Founders edition =

RTX 2080 TI - 1260 Euro's
RTX 2080 - 850 Euro's
RTX 2070 - 640 Euro's

Canadian prices -

EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming: $1099.
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming: $1199.
Other 2080 variants are in between those two prices. 

Ti versions are between $1600 and $1750.
No 2070 listed yet.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

538 REPLIES 538

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Yup the ti I ordered has an extra 100 on it.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Mradr said:

I don't think people are butt hurt over the price for say - but that fact that the cost of getting the highest end card keeps creeping up. 

I don't think people would have a problem with the Geforce ti cards creeping up in price, but they've virtually doubled in price since the last Geforce ti cards 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

RedRizla said:

Mradr said:

I don't think people are butt hurt over the price for say - but that fact that the cost of getting the highest end card keeps creeping up. 

I don't think people would have a problem with the Geforce ti cards creeping up, but they've virtually doubled in price since the last Geforce ti cards 😄

People cried when the 1080 ti was price higher than the 980ti even though it had a big leap in performance and price was less than 100$ difference. Agree but there is a difference here than performance alone as I said above too - it's not just about performance, but render pipe lines - otherwise - why are we not focus on PS1 style of game reaching 1k+ fps instead of trying to make games pretty. At some point there needs to be a balance between the two - not justifying their cost - just that there is more than just performance we need to look at when we say stuff like that xD Plus - why do you "need" a card like that in the first place? 1080ti pretty much controls current games already at 4k with 60 FPS with mid to high range settings that only the top of the line AAA games produce. What is a 2080ti really going to net you that a 1080ti can't already do (let's say it was price at reasonable price) at lesser price (the 1080ti would be 200$ cheaper)?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Mradr said:

RedRizla said:

Mradr said:

I don't think people would have a problem with the Geforce ti cards creeping up, but they've virtually doubled in price since the last Geforce ti cards 😄

People cried when the 1080 ti was price higher than the 980ti even though it had a big leap in performance and price hike was less than 100$. In the end - it's price creep people don't want to see than it is price hikes. Then again -  what's the difference here xD?

I never cried when I purchased a Geforce 1080 for the same price a Geforce ti was at launch. I expect prices to rise each year for goods, but I don't expect them to virtually double in price. I'm crying now because I've always been a PC gamer and can't afford £1100 plus for a Graphics cards. Pc gaming is going to be an expensive hobby at this rate, so yes I'm crying into my pillow every night :'( 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see a lot of people complaining about the price of these new cards, but none of them seem to realize that dissuading them was kind of the point.
Remember that they still have the previous generation in stock. They want to sell it out, but they can't just drop the price as it would probably become non-profitable at some point. So instead of dropping the price of the 10s cards, they give a huge price to the 20s, thus dissuading a lot of people from buying those. Then, all these people they dissuaded, what will they do? They'll look into the 10 cards.
That's a typical reaction : you wait for a tech, it comes out too expensive, so you say "oh, well, I'll take the cheaper version".
(That's actually what I did with Oculus back in 2016 : the CV1 was too expensive for me, so I bought the DK2 instead.)

That's why NVidia declared that they would keep selling the 10s along with the 20s. Once the 10s stock is emptied out, the price of the 20s will drop, that's for sure. The priority for NVidia, right now, is to sell out the 10s cards.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@LuluViBritannia - So why didn't they do this type of pricing with Geforce 980 and Geforce 1080? Why didn't they double the Geforce 1080's price to get rid of the Geforce 980..etc?

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I recall they didn't have that much stock for the 980. Besides they didn't go through a crisis like the cryptocurrency stuff (that really bricked the GPU market).

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@LuluViBritannia - Then why didn't they limit the stock of the Geforce 1080 like they did with the Geforce 980? Is this just your opinion or do you know this for certain?

Edit: If this is true then they better start dropping the prices of the Geforce 1080Ti because performance wise it's equal to a Geforce 2080. Who in there right mind is going to purchase a Geforce 1080Ti, when it only slightly less money then a Geforce 2080 and you get RTX with a 2080?

Anonymous
Not applicable
What do you mean? They didn't limit the stock of the 980, they just didn't have one that big in the first place ^^'.
What I mean is this: the sales of the 9s went smoother, because the cryptocurrency issue didn't occur at their selling time.
Back in the days of the 980, they didn't come across any hurdle, so NVidia didn't get caught off-guard. But the cryptocurrency issue was a problem that NVidia did not foresee, and this is what caused their stock to grow that big, that's what they stated themselves.

As for your question: it is my opinion, based on the facts (= the current state of the GPU market + the words of NVidia). I may be wrong, but I'm pretty confident in my product management knowledge, so if I were to give a number, I would say I am 95% sure ^^.
Basically:
I base my words on these facts:
- NVidia guys themselves said their stocks were bigger than foreseen.
- The cryptocurrency crisis is what caught them off-guard, again from their own words.
- NVidia has to sell out the 10s generation (duh).
- If the 20s had a decent price, everybody would get these instead of what's left of the 10s and thus, the stock wouldn't be emptied out.

My own asumptions:
- if they just dropped the price of the 10s, they would reach a non-profitable point. NVidia didn't state that themselves, but it's just logic: for every product, there is a minimal cost. You can't just do a 90% drop in price! They can drop the price a little, but they can't do it at their will. Besides, it's more effective (and more profitable) to give high prices to the next gen instead.

EDIT : Here is a link to justify what I say:
https://www.ccn.com/cryptocurrency-mining-affects-amd-stock-while-nvidia-overestimates-gpu-demand/

NVidia overestimated the demand in GPU during the cryptocurrency issue, which is why they have a big stock.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@LuluViBritannia - Well thanks for the info, because it just makes me not want to get any of these Nvidia cards even more if that's Nvida's trick to sell their cards. I thought the price hike was due to these cards been really special, but if what you say is correct then it's not.