cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking A Trip Deeper Down The Dark And Twisted Rabbit Hole Of My Mind: Playing Transference In VR!

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer

Today we are going to be taking a look at the recently released Transference. I tried to fire it up right after it was released but unfortunately ran into the dreaded Uplay log in bug. After an eternity on chat with Ubisoft support we got the issue resolved and I was finally able to play.

I was a huge fan of the cinematic adventure games of the late 90's such as Tex Murphy, The 7th Guest and Phantasmagoria so Immediately after starting this game I almost felt transported back to those days once again. Watching the video clips and hearing the story unfold through the games audio tracks as well as inspecting every little detail of each room for clues was just like playing some of those old classics in a way!

The trippy factor is definitely there in this game as well! The shifting of environments coupled with the great graphics and audio really sucked me in and TBH actually freaked me out a bit. There are jump scares in the game which I could have done without, but other than this I felt that so far it has been really well done. I think my only real complaint is with the movement speed. At times it feels extremely slow and there is no run button. I have also read that the game only clocks in at 1-2 hours long. I'm OK with this as it is cinematic in nature but I think for the price of $24.99 it should definitely be longer. With that in mind I have also heard first hand that the game seems to change a bit each time you play through it so at least there is some sort of replay-ability here.

Overall I would recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a highly polished VR experience or longs for the days of classic cinematic style adventure games as long as you can justify the cost vs the short play time.
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"
4 REPLIES 4

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Sorry dude. Only watched 5 minutes of the video. Then I realized I didn´t want any spoilers from this game as it looks awesome !
When ive played it I will return and watch the rest.
Prolly as good as the rest of your uploads mate !
Be good, die great !

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@vrgamerdude - You might want to say how you resolved the Uplay login bug. It would help others who are experiencing the same thing..

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer

RedRizla said:

@vrgamerdude - You might want to say how you resolved the Uplay login bug. It would help others who are experiencing the same thing..

They already patched it so other will most likely not have the same issue as me. My issue was mostly because I was provided a key for the game and could not show proof of purchase to have it unlocked in Uplay. 
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer
@KlodsBrik  I fully understand and thanks.... Transference is a very cool VR experience and you should definitely not spoil this one by watching too much before playing it! []-)