cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explore 50 years of StarTrek in a virtual reality museum

LZoltowski
Champion
Step into TV & movie history with never-before-seen artifacts from the Roddenberry archive - props, costumes, and so much more.

https://www.sansar.com/roddenberry
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
That explains why CBS/Paramount killed off the Stage 9 project I guess! 😞

Whoa I'd not heard about this Sansar app before... why not?

Just wandered around the first part of this Nexus exhibit and am totally engrossed. For anyone like me who hadn't heard of this before, Sansar appears to be a virtual live event/exhibition/social media app for Windows and VR.

It's Touch enabled and you can pick exhibits up and examine them, play voice-overs and stuff, love it. Well it helps to have this Star Trek exhibit, lets be honest!

Anyway, thankyou thakyou thankyou for the heads up LZ.

LZoltowski
Champion

Just wandered around the first part of this Nexus exhibit and am totally engrossed. For anyone like me who hadn't heard of this before, Sansar appears to be a virtual live event/exhibition/social media app for Windows and VR.

It's Touch enabled and you can pick exhibits up and examine them, play voice-overs and stuff, love it. Well it helps to have this Star Trek exhibit, lets be honest!

First time I heard of it too, isn't it amazing? For me as a huge star trek fan, it was such a great experience, I have not discovered it all yet! You can also build virtual spaces like in Home, it's actually a bit more advanced (custom light sources etc)

I only found out about it as the Roddenberry twitter account retweeted it.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
Also I think Facebook should acquire Sansar ASAP 🙂

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
@DaftnDirect  They also have a NASA museum and the original Enterprise Bridge to explore.

Be kind to one another 🙂

I don't say OMG very often but OMG! Will be revisiting after lunch.... am famished

I had the same thought about Facebook buying this tbh, it's got a lot more pull than Facebook's own app dare I say it!

It's been posted about many times!  They are just some of my posts:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/540315#Comment_540315

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/600529#Comment_600529

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/563612#Comment_563612

Hasn't taken off half as much as it should - maybe word hasn't got out very well?
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Sorry Hiro, didn't notice any of those posts.

That's probably because I think this app needed a thread of its own to announce its existence rather than posts within other threads. I'm probably like many people and nearly always read new threads to see what they're all about but don't always continue reading past a certain point unless something grabs my attention.... or they get referred to like here!

Edit: I don't always read new threads either... basically if it's about Star Trek, I'm guaranteed to read!

It does have a few but they were from early last year when it was in beta i think.  I agree, if Oculus bought this, or "bought in to it" somehow, it would be great.  Some of the places people have created make my Home room look like a plain cardboard box.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3