cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Connect 5 MEGATHREAD Oculus Quest announced! Join the conversation!

LZoltowski
Champion
0zcqsstix16h.jpg

Heya!

Post your predictions, your wants and the OC5 news here!

The Keynote will happen on September 26th where Oculus will demonstrate their latest VR innovations and perhaps a new product.

10am PT
6pm BST

For details on how to watch go here:
https://www.oculus.com/blog/announcing-oc5-livestreaming-in-oculus-venues-plus-the-void-and-ilmxlab-...

hype train GIF
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
410 REPLIES 410

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I betcha SC will be 599 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable

snowdog said:

Oh, I forgot the most important one!!!

• Oculus will announce that the Santa Cruz new name is the Oculus Harv and all purchases will include a life size naked picture of me wearing nothing but an Oculus Harv.
 😄 

AWww 😞 I was hoping it was one of P.L. =/ I guess I will wait till next year

Anonymous
Not applicable

Techy111 said:

There's no way that it's going to be THAT expensive. It isn't going to be a powerhouse by ANY means, an 845 at best under the hood and is probably going to have two LCD displays similar to the Oculus Go, probably the same resolution too.

The extra $200 in cost compared to the Oculus Go (if I'm right about the price) should be covered by the 4 cameras, one extra display and the controllers. I can't see all of that being enough for a price of $599.

Anonymous
Not applicable

snowdog said:

Techy111 said:

There's no way that it's going to be THAT expensive. It isn't going to be a powerhouse by ANY means, an 845 at best under the hood and is probably going to have two LCD displays similar to the Oculus Go, probably the same resolution too.

The extra $200 in cost compared to the Oculus Go (if I'm right about the price) should be covered by the 4 cameras, one extra display and the controllers. I can't see all of that being enough for a price of $599.

Don't forget it also comes with controllers as well - I say 499$ at start with a 50$ drop with in a few months for holiday sells. Agree though - GO at current price 200$ - an 845 (depending on bulk price and whatever price they are setting at) could add another 50$ on top of that making it 250$ - controllers another 50$ making it 300$. Not sure on the cost of camera - but ball part another 75$ to cover cost? So we're at $375 + RD and New tech + markup = $449-499?

I've seen the Snapdragon 845 with in phones sub $500< - so that tells me it doesn't cost that much now to have one. Considering how much tech is in a phone - I say 75 to 125$ for the chip alone. Go price seems to say it's close to cost so 15 to 20% market up leaves 170 to 160 to take electronics, screen, chassis, and cpu out of. This screams that SC wont cost any more than $499 to me. I almost wanna say 399$ myself, but I think a safer $499 leaves the door open for another technology or add on as well (such as using two screens).

Digikid1
Consultant

snowdog said:

• Oculus will announce that the Santa Cruz new name is the Oculus Harv and all purchases will include a life size naked picture of me wearing nothing but an Oculus Harv.
 😄 

*Order CANCELLED*

I still remember your "X-Ray" Pic.  😄

I am hoping for a good successor to the rift but with the current design of the controllers and not that crappy new design....yes yes I know that you guys disagree but that will not change my mind about how ugly and breakable they WILL be.  Mark my words on that.

LZoltowski
Champion

Digikid1 said:

snowdog said:

😄 

*Order CANCELLED*

I still remember your "X-Ray" Pic.  😄

I am hoping for a good successor to the rift but with the current design of the controllers and not that crappy new design....yes yes I know that you guys disagree but that will not change my mind about how ugly and breakable they WILL be.  Mark my words on that.

The SC controller? The loop has to be inverted so that the headset cams can see the markers, it would be impossible otherwise.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Digikid1 said:

I think they look sexy still - but why would it matter? Half the time you don't see them anyways. Most games replace them with hands, hooks, or guns lol.

Just showed my girlfriend the SC preview and she was "WOA! AWESOME AF!" She really wants to get it to start drawing:) 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
SC a great price would be $399, but I reckon it's going to be $499 next year. I think it's CV2 announcement in the next couple of days..

Edit: I'm wrong by the looks of things.

Nvidia has shrivelled my predictions muscle all up. Luckily my excitability muscle is still very much active so will be watching Messrs Carmack and Zuckerberg's keynote whilst exercising that muscle. That sounded weird.