cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explore 50 years of StarTrek in a virtual reality museum

LZoltowski
Champion
Step into TV & movie history with never-before-seen artifacts from the Roddenberry archive - props, costumes, and so much more.

https://www.sansar.com/roddenberry
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
25 REPLIES 25

kojack
MVP
MVP

Sorry Hiro, didn't notice any of those posts.

That's probably because I think this app needed a thread of its own to announce its existence rather than posts within other threads.

Like here?

🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

@Kojak & @Hiro_Protag0nist, my bad ….well I'm making up for it now and Sansar is getting a few overdue extra bumps due to my shortcomings!

It has the potential to be a huge "thing" - just needs a lot more publicity.  I did look at the creation tools it had last year but never got around to doing anything.  Think it needs a new thread on here too.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Agreed Hiro, as social apps go... I'm not really that interested in the social side of things... like meeting new people (I'm just miserable that way), but exhibitions or anything theatrical... live events of any sort really, if it includes incidental representations (avatars or whatever) of other live attendees, it really adds to the event, it kind of makes the event the thing, rather than me sitting at home trying out VR.

This one seems to have the right focus for me and is nicely done.

Edit: Incidentally, is anyone planning on going to Destination Star Trek at the Birmingham NEC next month?

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Is this an app? How do I have to download?
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

shapesim
Protege
I like it. I know someone who is doing somewhat similar, scanning museum pieces and putting together a VR exhibit. He is probably doing it with photogrammetry as the models don't look as crisp as this. Is this made by Sansar or a fan?
VR toys & playsets
http://ShapeSim.com

shapesim said:

I like it. I know someone who is doing somewhat similar, scanning museum pieces and putting together a VR exhibit. He is probably doing it with photogrammetry as the models don't look as crisp as this. Is this made by Sansar or a fan?

Go here:  https://atlas.sansar.com/all

To see the "places" - it tells you if Sansar or a user created it.  I think Sansar did this one.

Edit: it says Roddenberry Entertainment.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

LZoltowski
Champion

shapesim said:

Cooperation between Sansar and the Roddenberry estate as it's from their collection.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

sford52
Heroic Explorer
+1.  Wow, great link LZ, thanks! My best bud from college and I used to sit around and watch TOS in syndication. Got so good we could name that episode within seconds. Still can. One of my few remaining talents...
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home