New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

What things can cause poor tracking

HumanDudeHumanDude Posts: 17
NerveGear
After using my oculus for 6 months it seems the oculus is getting worse and worse with tracking. I've done a lot to try and fix it but nothing changes. I've updated my pc and my graphics, I've cleared space, I've reinstalled oculus, I've re setup oculus, I've made sure the plugs are fine but nothing does anything. Nothing is in my sensors way and everything in my room has been the same if not improved for vr. As the days go on vr seems to get worse with tracking. The only game i run into this with is beat saber only because its the only game that i play a lot and requires a lot of swinging and fast movement. I'm not sure whats going on with my tracking but all i can say is its randomly getting worse

Comments

• MikeFMikeF Posts: 511
    Trinity
    Off the top of my head:
    -ensure no reflective surfaces are in the room
    -if using a 3+ sensor setup make sure all of them can see eachother
    -run the setup again if your sensors have been moved since you last calibrated.

What kind of issues are you seeing when tracking degrades? If its isolated to just beat saber that could potentially be a performace problem, but without further details in relation to what youre seeing i cant offer any other suggestions