cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Connect 5 MEGATHREAD Oculus Quest announced! Join the conversation!

LZoltowski
Champion
0zcqsstix16h.jpg

Heya!

Post your predictions, your wants and the OC5 news here!

The Keynote will happen on September 26th where Oculus will demonstrate their latest VR innovations and perhaps a new product.

10am PT
6pm BST

For details on how to watch go here:
https://www.oculus.com/blog/announcing-oc5-livestreaming-in-oculus-venues-plus-the-void-and-ilmxlab-...

hype train GIF
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
410 REPLIES 410

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

They are not saying rift quality, they are repeatedly saying - "A Rift like an experience" meaning 6doF and Touch controllers, not quality of games

Yep, and they also openly stated more than once that the Rift is the platform that lets us push the boundaries beyond the limitations of Quest and GO. Neither Quest nor GO will hold back Rift progress whatsoever.

Although they did give us insight in to what has been "taking so long." First, they wanted to finalize their 3 categories of First Gen products. That is accomplish with Rift, GO, and Quest.

Second, they were rebuilding the entire Rift Platform "from scratch, from the ground up." That is complete today with the new Oculus Home platform coming out of Beta and going live for everyone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

Christ i thought he was going to announce Rift 2 then.  Jesus.

Mark Z already confirmed that a Rift 2 will be released. Hopefully we'll get more info on that of course.

I am betting that is all that will be said about it. Their focus is elsewhere currently I think.

Techy111 said:

Zero has tickled my fancy yet 

Yep.  Superhot looks good.  You never know, might feel "different" in a Quest.

Probably not though.

Why is this man saying "cool", and "sick"?
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

Zenbane said:

Christ i thought he was going to announce Rift 2 then.  Jesus.

Mark Z already confirmed that a Rift 2 will be released. Hopefully we'll get more info on that of course.

I am betting that is all that will be said about it. Their focus is elsewhere currently I think.

I'm inclined to agree. The current goal is to push Oculus Quest. Too much glorifying of the CV2 would harm Quest potential sales. This is all long-term strategy.

They also openly stated that current Rift projects are being worked on with releases through 2020.

Anonymous
Not applicable
dudududududu duduadadduu dadduuuu - Death V Theme song 😄

Mradr said:

dudududududu duduadadduu dadduuuu

😄 
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

LZoltowski
Champion
I better clear all furniture from the entire flat before I get SC so I can light sabre the crap out of everything.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
You may have wonder why I have brought chu here;P

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Oculus Quest will Launch with Episode 1 of the new 3-Part Darth Vader series. OMG YES

LZoltowski
Champion
Say goodbye to Home 1.0 

*evil laugh*

Be kind to one another 🙂