cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Connect 5 MEGATHREAD Oculus Quest announced! Join the conversation!

LZoltowski
Champion
0zcqsstix16h.jpg

Heya!

Post your predictions, your wants and the OC5 news here!

The Keynote will happen on September 26th where Oculus will demonstrate their latest VR innovations and perhaps a new product.

10am PT
6pm BST

For details on how to watch go here:
https://www.oculus.com/blog/announcing-oc5-livestreaming-in-oculus-venues-plus-the-void-and-ilmxlab-...

hype train GIF
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
410 REPLIES 410

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Techy111 said:

Agreed, 250 quid spent on this a few weeks ago and obsolete by spring 😞

But surely you knew that when you bought. SC was always on the horizon
Am I wrong to still hope for pc vr news or has that ship sailed now?
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Wildt
Consultant
fuck sake.. stream is fubar
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

dburne said:

RedRizla said:

I might have to purchase something like a Piemax, as a stop gap to CV2. If SC is coming in the spring of next year, then CV2 isn't coming in 2019, because they haven't even mentioned it. More like 2020 and that's to long away for me. I need a better resolution soon and hope Piemax isn't a total waste of time.

Yeah that is the only thing, no really great alternatives at least at this time.
Will see how Pimax does.

At this point I'd just like to see an update to CV1, if Cv2 isn't coming in 2019. Something like a better resolution CV1 with the OculusGO optics. Looks like even foveated Render is still some way away.

Oculus CV1 Pro anyone 😄

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Argh, stream started cutting out during Abrash's speech. I'm at work anyway, so hopefully they have it all up on YouTube by the time I get home later.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

nrosko
Superstar

Techy111 said:

I think i agree with others although they may talk about emerging vr tech I don't think we will be given too many clues about cv2. I think 2020 is most likely release year. 

I think i'm prepared to be patient maybe if it takes a bit longer it just means it will have cooler technology. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Pimax talk? lol

I wonder when people on this forum will actually own a Pimax and speak to it first-hand, instead of using it as a "where's the CV2" soundbite.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

At this point I'd just like to see an update to CV1, if Cv2 isn't coming in 2019. Something like a better resolution CV1 with the OculusGO optics. Looks like even foveated Render is still some way away. 

That could work - I'd love to keep everything as it is and just get 1600x1440 per eye! 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

nrosko said:

Techy111 said:

I think i agree with others although they may talk about emerging vr tech I don't think we will be given too many clues about cv2. I think 2020 is most likely release year. 

I think i'm prepared to be patient maybe if it takes a bit longer it just means it will have cooler technology. 

Hate to say it, but could they scrap CV2, if SC does great when it's released next year? Why bother with CV2 if SC does great?

Well I enjoyed Abrash's presentation, despite the interruptions.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Sadly the 1.31 release of Home 2.0 leaving beta still doesn't give us a better base house. That one is annoying, the columns, step, etc. I might actually use it if there was a better base mesh.

Well I enjoyed Abrash's presentation, despite the interruptions.

Was anything worth while said after the audio bit? That's as far as I could watch before it died.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2