cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest! Coming in Spring, $399

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Just confirmed at OC5, Santa Cruz has the official name of Oculus Quest.

$399 is a great price!
115 REPLIES 115

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
So... will users have to buy the Rift style games again or will they be cross platform? Also will this be £350 or £399?

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
It’ll be 399 great British pounds and you can bet your bottom dollar on that 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I'm glad I didn't buy a Go. I would feel cheated if I bought a Go.
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

MowTin said:

I'm glad I didn't buy a Go. I would feel cheated if I bought a Go.

I bought a GO, and I don't feel cheated. I look forward to owning all 3. I've spent more money on a weekend after a pub crawl. Nothing to feel cheated about here.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually I wonder - store wise - are they going to make it a thing you have to rebuy the games like they did with GO? Or do you think they're going to push harder that if you buy one - you get it for the other device? That would suck if you have to buy it three times. I understand maybe one for the mobile and one of the PC - but to buy it 3 times would feel a bit cheated in the long run.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'm assuming it's a re-buy. Hopefully there are "free keys" dev's can start to give out with each purchase, or at least bundled prices.

This is a problem that will hopefully be solved by Gen 2.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I think the 50 freebies will keep most folk happy for a fair while ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Techy111 said:

I think the 50 freebies will keep most folk happy for a fair while ?

That is 50 games coming to the store - not 50 free games.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Ahhh I thought that was bundled ????

Techy111
MVP
MVP
No I thought I read right, it comes bundled with 50 freebies