Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully) - Page 40 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 346
    Trinity
    Looking for ppl to help test the latest beta. I hope i have fixed so that OTT can be run while logged in using a regular user account. So i'd like to hear from those how want to help test that, just PM me or drop me an email at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Cheers!
  • Cain_BloodbaneCain_Bloodbane Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    By the way, I have an idea for a new feature. Benchmarking VR games and apps is not especially easy these days. As it is right now there is something from Nvidia, but I cannot get it to work. The OTT seems to be able to see all the performance specs though and you already made all those nice overlays... would it be possible for it to make a reading over a set period of time, writing all the measured performance stats to a file of some kind?
  • 71st_Mastiff71st_Mastiff Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    today I started the DCS World and now ASW doesnt work or turning it off doesnt work it gets only 5 fps now.
    " any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " Asus z370 MX||i7x8700k||ddr4-32gb PC3200||RTX 2080-8gb||AX1200 Corsair||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir||ViRpiL,T50cm|MFG CrossWinds||X55 Throttle||G15 Keyboard/Mouse|| Rift VR \ 32" Samsung|| 1x9inc||
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,036
    Wintermute
    today I started the DCS World and now ASW doesnt work or turning it off doesnt work it gets only 5 fps now.
    Not sure why?  Maybe too high SS (anything above 1.5 is a waste of resources imho), an interaction with the game settings and/or SteamVR settings?

Maybe try running it without OTT and see how you go.  If it still runs poorly, check your game and steamvr settings. 

Personally I do not have any problems with 0.84 OTT.  Runs high demand sims like X-plane 11 in VR very well.  I run it's profile (always seems better to do a profile than rely on global settings) with SS= 1.5, ASW = off, CPU priority high.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,309 Valuable Player
    Only issue I have run into with Oculus Tray Tool and DCS is occasionally my profile will not kick in when I launch the game. Have played around with the number of seconds before it kicks in in the settings but still happens on occasion. I just exit DCS and launch again, then it will kick in. ( I use audio confirmation so I know right away if it does nor not).
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • 71st_Mastiff71st_Mastiff Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    edited September 2018
    I don't use SS. Ok I see what's happening for some reason the voice commands stay on and wont turn off, but when I have them forced off the voice commands don't let me know a profile is enforced? For some reason there intertwined with the profile I use audio confirmation. and LFT-Cntrl is my PTT. so how do I change that?
    " any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " Asus z370 MX||i7x8700k||ddr4-32gb PC3200||RTX 2080-8gb||AX1200 Corsair||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir||ViRpiL,T50cm|MFG CrossWinds||X55 Throttle||G15 Keyboard/Mouse|| Rift VR \ 32" Samsung|| 1x9inc||
    Trinity
    @71st_Mastiff ; Not sure what you mean? Are you saying that when you have Voice Commands enabled, e.g so you can speak commands to OTT, the voice confirmation that a game launch has been detected cannot be heard? The voice commands and voice confirmation should be two separate things, but they do use the same api, e.g the speech api in windows. I never considered the two might cause a conflict, so if that is what you mean it's a interesting find.
    But you say you cannot disable voice commands? That sounds like a bug to me, but could you do a test where you set voice commands to disabled, then restart ott, then see if the voice confirmation dialog works?

In the version i am working on now i have changed it so that the voice confirmation dialogs does not use the windows speech api but instead uses pre-buils .wav files. I am still working all of that out, so it's not 100%, but i can send you the beta if you wan't to try it out and see if it works better for you. Just PM me if you want to test it out.

Cheers!
  • NetheriNetheri Posts: 212
    Nexus 6
    @ApollyonVR Did you notice the pm i sent?
    i5-8600K@5GHz, Gigabyte 2080 Gaming OC, Corsair 32gb 3000MHz@3100MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 2 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 cards.
    Non-mandatory Home 2.0 and/or Dash in memoriam
    Wintermute
    edited October 2018
    I updated Win10 to 1809 yesterday.  Most things seem to work ok for me but it appears to have broken 0.84 OTT Audio Switching.  When I launch OTT, then Oculus Home (original home), most game's audio sticks with my PC speakers And I need to select the Rift headphones from my speaker icon on my task bar.  Likewise, when I exit Oculus Home and OTT it sticks with the rift headphones until I manually switch it over.  No real big deal, just something else to do that I never needed to do before.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
  • igmackenzieigmackenzie Posts: 42
    NerveGear
    Are we still on 0.84?  OTT will still not start minimised for me.
  • lumpking69lumpking69 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    @TomCgcmfc ; I can confirm that the audio switcher is broken in 1809 for me as well. 
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,859 Valuable Player
    @TomCgcmfc ; I can confirm that the audio switcher is broken in 1809 for me as well. 
    Ditto 
    Nexus 6
    TomCgcmfc said:
    I updated Win10 to 1809 yesterday.  Most things seem to work ok for me but it appears to have broken 0.84 OTT Audio Switching.  When I launch OTT, then Oculus Home (original home), most game's audio sticks with my PC speakers And I need to select the Rift headphones from my speaker icon on my task bar.  Likewise, when I exit Oculus Home and OTT it sticks with the rift headphones until I manually switch it over.  No real big deal, just something else to do that I never needed to do before.
    I've had this almost all the time i've used OTT, regardless of Win or OTT versions. Everything works fine a while, then the automation starts to fail, including the "minimize to tray"-option but i don't care. :)
    i5-8600K@5GHz, Gigabyte 2080 Gaming OC, Corsair 32gb 3000MHz@3100MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 2 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 cards.
    Trinity
    The audio switcher needs some love, but what you can try is to reset the settings for the audio switcher, then set it up again and see if it works better. Let me know how that works for you. So Click the Configure button next to the Use Audio Switcher selection box. In the configure window, click Clear and set things up again.

Cheers!
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    @Netheri - I find this usually happens when Oculus update their code

Nexus 6
    Brixmis said:
    @Netheri - I find this usually happens when Oculus update their code
    Yeah that might be. Although i've had experienced that behavior without updates too but it doesn't matter as the main things works just fine. 1st the minimizing to tray stops to work and usually soon after that the audio fall back stops wrking. Also the power plan changer still hangs the plan to high perf when the Home exits.
    Wintermute
    The audio switcher needs some love, but what you can try is to reset the settings for the audio switcher, then set it up again and see if it works better. Let me know how that works for you. So Click the Configure button next to the Use Audio Switcher selection box. In the configure window, click Clear and set things up again.

Cheers!
    I just tried this but it did not make any difference.  Still does not switch over or back.  No big deal since all I need to do is do this manually with my Speaker icon and select rift headphones before I start up Oculus Home, then back to my PC speakers after exiting home.  Everything else in OTT seems to work fine.  Thanks.
    NerveGear

Cheers!
    that did not work for me..
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,309 Valuable Player

Cheers!
    I can confirm the audio switcher is not working for me in Win 10 Version 1809.
    I tried the above and still no go. 

Only thing I have not tried is a complete uninstall and clean reinstall of OTT - will give that a shot here soon.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
    Wintermute
    dburne said:

Cheers!
    I can confirm the audio switcher is not working for me in Win 10 Version 1809.
    I tried the above and still no go. 

Only thing I have not tried is a complete uninstall and clean reinstall of OTT - will give that a shot here soon.
    I just uninstalled, then reinstalled 0.84.  No changes, Audio switcher is still broke thanks to Win10 1809.
    Trinity
    Could you guys get me the ott.log and i'll see what i can find in there. Just PM me or send it to ApollyonVR@gmail.com.

Thanks!
    Wintermute
    edited October 2018
    I've e-mailed you mine mate.  Thanks for all your good work.
    Nexus 6
    To @ApollyonVR and all OTT users:
    As TomCgcmfc suggested on the other thread i came to inform, that at least for me in 1.31 OTT global settings didn't affect Home2. I added the Home2-Win64-shipping to the profiles and made it the settings i wanted and on the second start of the Home2 SS was as set.

NerveGear
    Could you guys get me the ott.log and i'll see what i can find in there. Just PM me or send it to ApollyonVR@gmail.com.

Thanks!
    Just to let you know that the audio switcher works fine for me on 1809.
    Wintermute
    edited October 2018

Thanks!
    Works fine for me with some games, not with others (esp. ones bout outside of the Oculus store).  I've sent a log file in so hopefully it will help.  Again, this is no real big deal for me.  I just select the rift headphones from the win10 speaker icon before going into these problem games.
    Wintermute
    Netheri said:
    To @ApollyonVR and all OTT users:
    As TomCgcmfc suggested on the other thread i came to inform, that at least for me in 1.31 OTT global settings didn't affect Home2. I added the Home2-Win64-shipping to the profiles and made it the settings i wanted and on the second start of the Home2 SS was as set.

I checked pixel counts and for games that I have set a profile of ss=1.5 the OTT HUD shows 1.5.  For games that I do not have a profile for and just use a global ss=1.5 they also report 1.5.  However the core 2 home reports 1.35.  not sure why.  If I increase the global to 1.6 the core 2 home reports 1.45.

BTW, ASW setting (global and profiles) in OTT seem to be honoured everywhere.
    NerveGear
    TomCgcmfc said:

Thanks!
    Works fine for me with some games, not with others (esp. ones bout outside of the Oculus store).  I've sent a log file in so hopefully it will help.  Again, this is no real big deal for me.  I just select the rift headphones from the win10 speaker icon before going into these problem games.
    Yep, it's not the end of the world, but pretty annoying. Just for the record, I have no issues with any games on 1809, in or out of Oculus store.
    NerveGear
    edited October 2018

Thanks!
    Sent via email with thanks! 
  • MrDeath_MrDeath_ Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    edited October 2018
    can we have something in the new version of OTT that allows us to set global, or profile values for the new FOV tangent multiplier?

if you were to add it into a beta build i would love to give it a try!
    cheers!
  • korgen63korgen63 Posts: 74
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited October 2018
    Everything was fine with 0.83 but 0.84 gives me an error.

Each time I launch OTT, USB Selective Suspend is blanked:

When I change to disable (my default setting in 0.83), I get that error:

Maybe because of non english windows.