New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Quest! Coming in Spring, $399

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,154 Valuable Player
Just confirmed at OC5, Santa Cruz has the official name of Oculus Quest.

$399 is a great price!
Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

Comments

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,154 Valuable Player
    Launching with more than 50 Titles, including The Climb, Robo Recall, and Moss.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,735 Volunteer Moderator
    They really going all out to get new users into VR aren't they.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Their goal is 10 billion Users per Platform.
  • wanoennogswanoennogs Posts: 168
    Art3mis
    Zenbane said:
    Impossible. There are loads of countries that cannot order a rift or a quest.   Also there is only about 7.5 billion people on the whole planet. 
    Zenbane said:
    Impossible. There are loads of countries that cannot order a rift or a quest.   Also there is only about 7.5 billion people on the whole planet. 

lol I think I meant millions. Typing too fast while watching the Livestream.
  • saami81saami81 Posts: 195
    Art3mis
    Only 399 dollars. I am positively surprised.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,446 Volunteer Moderator
    saami81 said:
    Only 399 dollars. I am positively surprised.
    For the base model (64 GB). There will probably be a higher-priced version with more storage, which is the one I'll get, same as the Go.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • Sofian75Sofian75 Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    Bought the Rift and the Go, I am done with 100°FOV.
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,074 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    So... will users have to buy the Rift style games again or will they be cross platform? Also will this be £350 or £399?

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
    It’ll be 399 great British pounds and you can bet your bottom dollar on that ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,916 Valuable Player
    I'm glad I didn't buy a Go. I would feel cheated if I bought a Go.
    i7 9700k 2080ti   CV1, Rift-S, Index
    MowTin said:
    I'm glad I didn't buy a Go. I would feel cheated if I bought a Go.

I bought a GO, and I don't feel cheated. I look forward to owning all 3. I've spent more money on a weekend after a pub crawl. Nothing to feel cheated about here.
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,758 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    Actually I wonder - store wise - are they going to make it a thing you have to rebuy the games like they did with GO? Or do you think they're going to push harder that if you buy one - you get it for the other device? That would suck if you have to buy it three times. I understand maybe one for the mobile and one of the PC - but to buy it 3 times would feel a bit cheated in the long run.
    I'm assuming it's a re-buy. Hopefully there are "free keys" dev's can start to give out with each purchase, or at least bundled prices.

This is a problem that will hopefully be solved by Gen 2.
    I think the 50 freebies will keep most folk happy for a fair while ?

Techy111 said:
    I think the 50 freebies will keep most folk happy for a fair while ?
    That is 50 games coming to the store - not 50 free games.
    Ahhh I thought that was bundled ????

No I thought I read right, it comes bundled with 50 freebies

GO came with a shit-ton of freebies. No doubt that Quest will be the same.
    edited September 2018
    DnD said earlier and the climb is on the freebie list. Maybe not 50 then lol but loads  :D

Yea was going to say I thought it was just 50 games coming to the SQ store. I mean I bet there will be free stuff:) but I don't think it was coming with 50 free games considering some of the games listed are still buyable games right now. 
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,421 Volunteer Moderator
    Apparently Oculus accidentally posted on their blog that the cpu was the snapdragon 835 (same as the Vive Focus), but then quickly edited it out.

If true, that's a shame, since the more powerful 845 is already in phones available now.

• pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,673 Valuable Player
    kojack said:
    Apparently Oculus accidentally posted on their blog that the cpu was the snapdragon 835 (same as the Vive Focus), but then quickly edited it out.

If true, that's a shame, since the more powerful 845 is already in phones available now.

• kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 5,162 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    A big congratulations to all the team that has worked so hard to get this out.

- A great system

- A great price

- A great software line up!

urdgfqqehbbb.png
    ** Second New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,276 Valuable Player
    Its what I would call a mainstream price. I was very surprised.. I think this is the real future, not pc vr.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,023 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    inovator said:
    Its what I would call a mainstream price. I was very surprised.. I think this is the real future, not pc vr.

Are your comparing mobile technology with that of a PC? PC VR is the best way to experience top quality VR and I hope they both have a future..
  • RorschachPhoenixRorschachPhoenix Posts: 1,594 Valuable Player
    kevinw729 said:
    A big congratulations to all the team that has worked so hard to get this out.

- A great system

- A great price

- A great software line up!

I have to agree. This is a really good price for a very good VR HMD. No Cables, no sensors, HMD + Controllers. This is a very good price.
    Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. :P
  • DarmoedDarmoed Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    i will not buy Oculus Quest if it will not support 5K-6K videos

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,421 Volunteer Moderator
    kojack said:

Gizmodo have confirmed it with Oculus, the Quest uses a snapdragon 835.