cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift versus Quest

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star
In what ways will the Rift still be superior to the Quest?
122 REPLIES 122

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
The headset itself isn't. What's better are the games because they can take advantage PC hardware which is 100x faster than a mobile device, if not more.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
The Software, and possibly the Tracking. Inside-Out Tracking still needs to stand the test of time against both Constellation and Lighthouse.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll follow the previous comments: hardware-wise, the Quest is clearly way better. The concern is software-wise: the Quest will likely not run the current most power-hungry games, and SteamVR games will certainly not be supported (adios Skyrim and Fallout...). But if it does, it will be at minimum settings for sure.

Anyway, we have no choice but wait for some feedback for this. For now they're showing only "simple" games (Superhot, Dead&Buried) but they did announce The Climb and Robo Recall.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
It'll be mobile style games I reckon, everything dumbed down to work on the SD835
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This link from reddit should tell you all you need to know about performance difference.
https://puu.sh/BBIBV/d8fad05f4e.png

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star
Thanks for the info!

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
Yep, that's about what I'd expect. It's VR, but with 1990's PC graphics. Really wish they'd of given us the option to plug it into our PC's as if it were a Rift. I'd probably buy it if they did, but as it stands, I have no use for it.

LZoltowski
Champion

Yep, that's about what I'd expect. It's VR, but with 1990's PC graphics. Really wish they'd of given us the option to plug it into our PC's as if it were a Rift. I'd probably buy it if they did, but as it stands, I have no use for it.

Lol 1990, come on its a lot better than that 🙂

Image result for graphics 1990:

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
We're going to get a lot of extreme dialogue leading up to Quest's release. Not just here, but on Facebook as well.

On the bright side, there are people at OC5 posting their impressions of Quest from first-hand experience. It is getting nothing but praise in terms of graphics and performance. RoboRecall looks just as good on Quest as it does on the Rift (as one example).