cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror iPhone screen to Oculus Go

mike28ml
Honored Guest
Everyone has been asking about mirroring Oculus Go view to computer/iPad/iPhone but haven't seen anyone ask about mirroring from iPhone/iPad to Oculus Go...and this is what I'm particularly interested in. This would be extremely convenient as it would allow the capability to stream movies/videos directly from apple product and it would also allow FPV of drone footage. Anyone know of a possible way to stream/mirror directly from iPhone?
4 REPLIES 4

VR_Nima
Explorer
Edit: Duplicate post

VR_Nima
Explorer
Hi @mike28ml

This is something you can do with Oculus TV side-loading and a compatible AirPlay receiver app.

What you'll want to do is get an AirPlay receiver app for Android and sideload it to your Oculus Go.  Then, when you select the app from inside Oculus TV, you'll be able to choose it from your iPhone as a target device to stream to.  Voila, you're mirroring your iPhone to your Oculus Go!

Here are the relevant links you'll want to read to learn how:

AirPlay server apps:

How to sideload Android apps to Oculus TV:

todd_sauer_77
Honored Guest
I got air play into oculus go using this (THANK YOU!) but it is showing my iPhone screen/image twice in each of the oculus go's lens'? 

VR_Nima
Explorer
@"todd.sauer.77" Sorry for the super late response.  Thought I'd answer here for posterity.

If it's not launched correctly through Oculus TV, it won't show up as a single app and will instead be duplicated.  Either make sure to launch it from Oculus TV or Kodi within Oculus TV, and if that doesn't work try a different app until you find one that's successful.