cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Release 1.31 Rolling Out Now (Live)

cybereality
Grand Champion
Today at Oculus Connect, we shared some exciting updates about the future of Rift. Core 2.0 is out of beta — and now known as the new Rift Platform. Soon, everyone will be using Home and Dash. We've put a ton of work into improving performance and look and feel, and can't wait to hear what you think. Release notes for 1.31 can be found below — and be sure to visit the Rift blog for more info.
  • Dash
    • We're launching Experiments, a proving ground for experimental features aren't ready for official release. You can toggle individual experiments via the Settings tab within Dash. Some of the first experimental features available for testing:
      • Oculus Desktop Window Pullout
      • Wristwatch
      • Window Controls
    • Various design improvements to increase usability.
    • Various performance improvements and fixes, including an issue with Library sorting
  • Home:
    • New themed item collections: Spooky, Pirate, and Retro-Modern.
    • Customer Developer Items
      • Developers can now give out special Home objects and decor as gameplay rewards and achievements (live with initial partners, opening to all developers soon).
    • User generated content
      • Home now supports the playback of skinned animations for user generated content
      • Fixed an issue where user generated content would sometimes not show up in Home
    • We've revamped the UI to improve usability.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
780 REPLIES 780

Outrunne33
Protege
1.31 is working well. The stuttering I had in home in 1.30 is gone.

Netheri
Rising Star

kojack said:

If you don't want Home 2 running, you can stop it now. Hacky, but it works.
Go into C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-worlds\Home2\Binaries\Win64 and rename or delete the file Home2-Win64-Shipping.exe
That's Home. If that isn't found, Dash still works, you still have your library and can launch games and stuff, but there's no home loaded (or store), you just get a bare empty scene instead.

Or you can replace the exe with your own vr program as a home alternative. 🙂

Of course at some point the software will probably checksum and detect the exe is missing/wrong and redownload it, but I haven't seen that happen yet.

How much easier it would be to have selections in Oculus desktop app "enable/disable Home2 when using Rift" and "keep/don't keep dash & library in use when Home2 is disabled".

Edit: And yes, i have sent the feedback about non-mandatory loading of Home2 through feedback option on desktop app. It just seems that the devs are taking feedback through there as vividly as from these forums==none.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

MPires
Heroic Explorer
I did not have any problems with the upgrade but I noticed that the Rift is warmer on its top. Will not it be worrying?

LZoltowski
Champion
The UI update is fantastic, so much cleaner and makes way more sense now. Bravo to the team.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

kojack
MVP
MVP

Netheri said:

How much easier it would be to have selections in Oculus desktop app "enable/disable Home2 when using Rift" and "keep/don't keep dash & library in use when Home2 is disabled".

I'm not saying it wouldn't be a good option to have, I've never liked the way oculus made so much software a compulsory part of the vr runtime. (The runtime should be stand alone, everything else like store, home, social stuff, etc should be optional)
I'm just pointing out that in the mean time there's a workaround.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
YUP!

Gryzor22x
Explorer

Netheri said:

Gryzor22x said:

Please give us the possibility to start a game without oculus home running, like selecting the old home aplication. With OCULUS home running in background, I have between 5-10% less performance than with 1.30 version.

Yeah, +1 on that (again). Now that we won't have opportunity to use Home 1 anymore, please give us chance to disable Home 2 from running whe used i.e. Youtube VR (with Oculus Support) from Steam VR..

Cyber: Please give us the possibility to not using home while play some high demanding games like project cars 2 or DCS World. Now without home 1, its totally impossible.

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you're running a recommended system, you should have the resources for Home 2.0 to work along with any games. However, we'd like to look into these performance issues being reported. If you're having a problem, please upload your LogGatherer zip file here and we can take a look. See this thread for how to get the file. Thanks. https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Digikid1
Consultant

If you're running a recommended system, you should have the resources for Home 2.0 to work along with any games.

That is not the POINT.  People are asking for a simple option.  At least give the users a CHOICE to do so!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Sorry but I’m a bit confused.  When 1.31 goes mainstream do we all have to switch over to core 2 home?
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers