cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dash Issue Fix for Latest Nvidia Driver and Intel CPUs

cybereality
Grand Champion
Customers with Nvidia graphics and an Intel processor on certain driver versions may experience compatibility issues with Oculus Dash. Specifically, if you have the latest Nvidia driver installed, 411.63, and also use an Intel chip with integrated graphics, you'll need to install the following Intel driver to avoid issues in Dash.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=80939
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
54 REPLIES 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the usual method of using the previous driver may have been expected rather than specific patches to our cpu. I still use 388.13 as selected by Win10 fresh install but I choose not to use DASH so it doesn't need constant updating as a GINUE PIG!

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, I did the updates (Oculus 1.31, Nvidia 411.70 and that Intel iGPU update), sadly it didn't solve the issue.
Hopefully the next updates will solve this issue. Oculus Desktop is very useful as I don't have to put off the headset just to check the monitor...

EDIT: FIXED! I went in the Device Manager, and just downloaded the latest driver for the iGPU. It seems the one posted here doesn't solve the issue with 411.70.

EDIT2 : I can't believe this shit. This morning, I launch my computer, update Rec Room, and try to run Oculus Desktop... that fucking black screen is back again! With no other changes than Rec Room update?!!! Back to square one for no fucking reason! Jeez... I tried that Intel patch again, with no luck. I lost it (and I'm talking about both the Oculus Desktop and my mind...).

superdave132
Explorer
Sounds like I'm staying away from dash.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem isn't Dash, it's the updates that break what originally works with no problem. I swear whenever I do an update it's like I'm throwing a coin: 50% chance it makes things better, 50% chance it makes things worse and even breaks other software.

superdave132
Explorer
I've updated to 411.70 and its still telling me to update or reinstall. It's apparently not checking the graphics cards, its just a warning with a unclearable notice.
The "Nvidia users on driver 411.63 with Intel integrated graphics should update their Intel graphics driver here.)"doesn't make sense because either you use the Intel on board drivers or the Nvidia graphics why do they mention both????

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sadly, two softwares can conflict with each other, even if they don't seem related at first sight. I guess this is the root of the issue...

msuper
Honored Guest
Rolled the dice and came out a loser on this one.  After updating to 411.70, games no longer launch.  The home interface launches fine but after clicking on a title, it goes to the splash screen for a few seconds and then drops me back into the home screen.  

The Oculus games give me nothing but the Steam games generate an error log with the following: "XYZgame.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)".  Haven't tried troubleshooting yet - or rather, visiting this thread was step 1.  I'll try to update after unsorting this.  

Anonymous
Not applicable
Too bad, try again 😄 .
Did you update Oculus to 1.31 as well? That's what breaks some apps. I wasn't able to launch Dead&Buried and Tilt Brush (and no one, I say NO ONE, prevents me from launching Tilt Brush).

Personally, I reverted all back. NVidia 398 and Oculus 1.30 work like a charm.

sford52
Heroic Explorer

Richooal said:

Oh no..... it's starting to feel like ...<snip>
P.P.S. Could you tell us what the issue with Dash is?

@cybereality - I would agree with this request-

Screen goes black ? Certain games wont start? No games start? Core 2 home errors? Rift has jitters/stutters? Error messages appear? Application crashes? Just weird stuff?

ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

OgiAnima
Honored Guest
I've just updated to Nvidia 411.70 and as soon as that finished Oculus self updated to 1.31. No apps work now. I tried all the suggested troubleshooting guides without any luck, clean install as well as uninstall and fresh instal. I even tried going back to 398.11 version without any result. How do you revert to Oculus 1.30?

System: Intel i7 3.2GHZ, Ram: 28 GB, GEfroce GTX 1080Ti running Windows 8.1

UPDATE: Issue still ongoing. Contacted support. Ticket number #609551

UPDATE: Clean installed Nvidia 390.77 (older driver from January release); Rebooted the whole system and now it's working again. The red line warning is gone and apps are functioning normally on quick inspection. Fingers crossed it keeps.