cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GearVR - entitlement check not running

DanielWichteric
Explorer
Hi,
I can't seem to run that entitlement check which I need to release to the oculus store. In unity I used this sample code from the documentation. I attached that to a gameobject in my starting scene and entered my App ID in the Edit Platform Settings. When I check in the editor everything seems fine. But when I build the app and check in the Gear i don't get any debug messages (neither pass nor fail message). So it seems like my entitlement script is not run at all. Of course when pushing to the store the app is declined because of that. Do you have any idea what is going on here? Why does the script not run?
Thanks!
Daniel

(Unity v2018.2 - Oculus Integration for Unity 1.29.0)
3 REPLIES 3

DanielWichteric
Explorer
I solved the problem: I actually had to install the Oculus Windows Software (that 10gb thing for the Oculus Rift). That should definately find its way into the documentation because it is nowhere stated...

cybereality
Grand Champion
You may be looking for the developer section of the forum. Thanks. https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've always had the same problem... to get around the issue, I had to add a system Exception catch... I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong as well, but this has worked in my case. Here's some pseudo code for Unity:

try{
 Oculus.Platform.Core.Initialize("your app ID");
 Oculus.Platform.Entitlements.IsUserEntitledToApplication().OnComplete(<your callback function>);
}
catch (System.Exception e){
 <App not entitled code>;
}

Don't forget to also run the Oculus callbacks somewhere in your code:

Oculus.Platform.Request.RunCallbacks();

I hope this helps 🙂