cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update required / No HDMI

hobbsywobbsy
Honored Guest
Hello all,

So last week I tried updating my firmware through the Oculus app, the firmware update failed then kinda got stuck in a loop until it finally completed.

I now get a 'Firmware update required / No HDMI connection' error. The firmware update completes successfully but I'm stuck with this message.

I've tried a new PC (with a fresh install) also tried a different connection/HDMI cable, tried different USB ports etc.

Has anyone encountered this before? Has the firmware fried my Rift?

Thanks

t64eoexlsflv.jpg
45 REPLIES 45

cybereality
Grand Champion
If the firmware update doesn't work, you can try again. It may work on a second time. You can also run the Oculus Setup installer again and choose Repair before trying the update again. If that still doesn't work, please contact us for help. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Sanadsk5
Explorer
I have the same exact problem, and the only thing the support is offering are replacements, and in some cases, they aren't agreeing to send them.
They must release some sort of patch that resolves this issue, since it is clear the problem was caused by the new update.

cybereality
Grand Champion
We're still investigating the issue, so please contact us if you need help. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Doom33
Honored Guest
I am also having this issue as well, I've tried the repair, also installing patch via the website, unplugged all cables on the headset. same issues as everyone else. It's been months since I've fired up my headset, and now I can't play on the expensive equipment? (also like to add that I've tried everything on this page, and the same thing. also sent a support ticket in) and another thing, if anyone else is having the problem leave a comment, and also upload log files, and most importantly send it to support. Thank you, I'd rather have a patch fix this then a new headset come in. also, when I first plug it in the light flicks white for a second then it flicks orange like Boomotang said in the comment below. 

Boomotang
Explorer
I'm also having this problem. The oculus light is blinking orange. It says a firmware update is required, but there is no option anywhere to update the firmware. Updated Nvidia drivers, swapped in a brand new Oculus Rift cable, tried every different USB, HDMI, and DVI port. Still nothing. All 4 sensors show up fine, but no headset. It worked fine a couple weeks ago.

Doom33
Honored Guest
A patch (that kept poping up because I needed to do an oculus repair) or something was released today and forced a firmware update which caused a weird bug where it showed up two headsets one was needing a firmware update while the other one didn't, but I used repair, and now everything works as of September 27. 

Ronnos1983
Honored Guest
i got it to work again by removing oculus with ccleaner then unplugged everything restarted the pc then plugged it in installed oculus and it worked again

Sanadsk5
Explorer
I tried uninstalling with CCleaner and reinstalling, and the problem is still the same. If there was only a way to force the update to reinstall again. Anyone from the Oculus Staff have anything about this bug?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you try temporarily disabling anti-virus? If you have BullGuard, it should be uninstalled.

Sanadsk5
Explorer

Can you try temporarily disabling anti-virus? If you have BullGuard, it should be uninstalled.

No I don't have BullGuard but I have uninstalled all antivirus programs from my computer and it's still the same problem.