cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx1080Ti and RTX 2080Ti best price/comparison thread

Techy111
MVP
MVP

As per the title, this thread is intended to be a quick reference for current best prices on these two cards, a they're generating a lot of interest right now. If theres a stand-out great deal, please tag me and I'll update this first post to include that. Feel free to add prices for whatever region you're in and in whatever currency, but please avoid any posts not related to this specific topic, thanks and keep a tight hold of those credit cards.

To start off:

Scan UK prices:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING SC  £629.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti WINDFORCE OC    £1,049.99

EVGA 2080 ti xc will cost $1700 ( 10.999 dkr ) 

Dutch prices for Founders edition =

RTX 2080 TI - 1260 Euro's
RTX 2080 - 850 Euro's
RTX 2070 - 640 Euro's

Canadian prices -

EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming: $1099.
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming: $1199.
Other 2080 variants are in between those two prices. 

Ti versions are between $1600 and $1750.
No 2070 listed yet.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

538 REPLIES 538

kojack
MVP
MVP
The 2080TI straight from nvidia's website is $1899au ($1371us), and that's not including shipping. I also don't know if they included the 10% tax in that.

We're used to it.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
The US is getting prep for a tax as well... so we better get used to it too if it's coming from China anyways:)

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I picked up my evga 2080 ti OC from Micro Center tonight. I was planning to install and test it tonight but I'm too tired. 

I feel ambivalent because part of me is like, "Are you crazy? $1300 for a few extra fps?!" LOL. The other part of me is like, "Shut up!"

It has to make a difference in IL-2 to be worth it. That's the one game my 1080 ti doesn't handle well with super sampling.
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

LZoltowski
Champion

MowTin said:

I picked up my evga 2080 ti OC from Micro Center tonight. I was planning to install and test it tonight but I'm too tired. 

I feel ambivalent because part of me is like, "Are you crazy? $1300 for a few extra fps?!" LOL. The other part of me is like, "Shut up!"

It has to make a difference in IL-2 to be worth it. That's the one game my 1080 ti doesn't handle well with super sampling.

Awesome, let us know the results!, also you're lucky you only have two voices in your head, I have to deal with a committee ...
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I *almost* cancelled my 2080ti order after finding a 1080ti for almost half the price (£579 for gigabyte windforce) (overclockers uk)... But I told the sensible voice to piss off as well. 
That said until it arrives I am keeping all eyes to the ground for better deals. £1089 is a lot of wedge for a GPU of which it's standout features are not operational yet and largely untested.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

MowTin said:

Seriously? IL2 doesn't handle well? If you had said DCS, I could understand that, but IL2 performs well even with my Geforce 1080..

MowTin
Expert Trustee

MowTin said:

Awesome, let us know the results!, also you're lucky you only have two voices in your head, I have to deal with a committee ...

So, I'm not good at benchmarking. It's too time consuming for me.

Before I installed the evga 2080 ti Ultra XC, I tried the following on my 1080 ti:

Project Cars 2
Fallout 4 VR
Aerofly SF2 
IL-2

--I setup all these games so that they struggle and hit ASW 45fps.

On the 2080 ti Project Cars 2 ran at a stable 90fps at 1.5 supersampling ingame. That was impossible with the 1080 ti. 

Now all the other Steam VR games are stuck at 45 fps. It seems I'm having a problem with Steam VR. I think I had this problem before getting the 2080 ti. I used to play IL-2 and get frame rates that varied between 80 and 50 fps. After some Steam VR update it was always stuck at 45 fps. Same with Fallout 4 VR. 

Anyway, not much to compare due to my Steam VR problems. Noticeable bump is performance with Project Cars 2. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

leo1954au
Adventurer
They range from $1300 to $1700 here in Aus but have around the same speed and ram as my 1080 that I've had to throttle down to 1733Mhz so I'll just stick with it for now

LZoltowski
Champion

MowTin said:

MowTin said:

So, I'm not good at benchmarking. It's too time consuming for me.

Before I installed the evga 2080 ti Ultra XC, I tried the following on my 1080 ti:

Project Cars 2
Fallout 4 VR
Aerofly SF2 
IL-2

--I setup all these games so that they struggle and hit ASW 45fps.

On the 2080 ti Project Cars 2 ran at a stable 90fps at 1.5 supersampling ingame. That was impossible with the 1080 ti. 

Now all the other Steam VR games are stuck at 45 fps. It seems I'm having a problem with Steam VR. I think I had this problem before getting the 2080 ti. I used to play IL-2 and get frame rates that varied between 80 and 50 fps. After some Steam VR update it was always stuck at 45 fps. Same with Fallout 4 VR. 

Anyway, not much to compare due to my Steam VR problems. Noticeable bump is performance with Project Cars 2. 

Thanks for trying stuff out!  Oh no, btw SteamVR does auto super sampling, maybe it's set to something cosmically high?

Image result for steamvr supersampling

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
Price Drops on Overclockers for 2080, looks like maybe they are not selling as well as the Ti's?

dhwfeqje6htf.jpg

Be kind to one another 🙂