cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Films Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well bollocks, we've got a telly thread so I thought I'd create one for films too.

I'm currently working my way through Movies With A Twist Collection 3 which I downloaded years ago from TPB. All of those torrents are now dead which is a shame because I didn't get around to downloading Collection 4. I'm downloading all of those separately which is a hassle but will be worth it in the end going by 1-3 so far.

Am in the middle of watching Law Abiding Citizen, I think I've seen it before but i was so long ago I've forgotten what happens.

The problem with watching these films knowing that there's a twist makes it easy to work out what the twist in question is so probably better if you watch them without that knowledge lol

Here's a list of some of my all-time favourite films of all-time in no particular order:

Brazil
The Life Of Brian
The Holy Grail
The Meaning Of Life
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Lifeforce (a terrible film but the female lead vampire spends most of it naked lol)
All Lethal Weapons
All Die Hards
Every Dirty Harry Film
The Jungle Book (the Disney original)
Pi
Falling Down (just for the McDonalds scene lmfao)
Silent Running
Logan's Run
All 60s-70s Planet Of The Apes
Soylent Green

Am going to stop there otherwise this post is going to be HUGE lol

583 REPLIES 583

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Just saw Solo yesterday with the wife - we both loved the movie, I think it's one of the best SW movies I've seen in a very long time. I'm a great fan of Harrison Ford and really wanted to dislike Solo, but I had to surrender - it simply was an awesome movie (and $300,000,000 budget 😉 I saw the blu-ray 3D version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPEYpryMp2s

We did share some frontal lobe anesthesia, maybe that did help improve the movie :blush:

wjjk8ohha0ba.png

Fun thing, L3-37 felt like a true personality copy of my dear wife, lol

arat17lb4gl2.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Digikid1
Consultant
It is an awesome movie. It is sad how most awesome movies are the most hated and criticized. It’s not right   

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Anyone see Mandy yet??

I'm not sure if I can recommend it, but omfg that movie is a trip.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Am definitely going to check Mandy out, Nicholas Cage is one of my favourite actors.

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer

was thinking about ..thought provoking films that ive seen over my last five decades and wondered if anyone can ever remember this one ?. I don't recall that it was a massive hit but it was a quite thought provoking story line (I thought) back in the day https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Frost

7even was another one on my list ...only time ive ever been to the cinema where the whole audience( me and wife  included ) walked out at the end and never mentioned a word till we almost got home . its a shame mainstream cinema doesn't appear to make these types of movies anymore

Anonymous
Not applicable
7even was awesome, one of my favourite films.

I love to watch anything involving serial killers, I keep on meaning to start serial killing myself but I'm such a criminal mastermind that I'll end up not getting caught so won't get the kudos for it lol 😄 😄 😄

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
I`d recommend you watch Mr frost … (and I know you have the time at the moment 😉 ) I know its a little bit dated ...but it really is a decent film and its pretty well acted considering its day .

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
I've got a really good film to recommend, it's gone under the radar for a lot of people, I don't remember it being advertised at the cinema either. It's called Upgrade 2018:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6499752/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I really thought this film was amazing! All my friends and family watched it recently and they loved it too! Enjoy 🙂
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
seen that on amazon ...but always been iffy about clicking on it cos amazon like Netflix is the home of "b movies" .its not that I`m a snobby "ive got all the streaming channels type of twatt" but I have ( but the wife pays not me.cos im the poor fuk in this relationship)  trying to fit everything into a very short space of time ..and YES ! she bought me the rift..if only to shut me the fuckup about going on about it ! (her words not mine)...I`ll make a point of watching it as its now been recommended .thanks .  

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I just watched "Open Range" on YouYube (it's been uploaded by a couple of YTers, but one is clearly playing better) and really enjoyed it. Not big into westerns, but it was one of those where the gunfights are more believable - everyone blasting away from point blank range and rarely hitting anything. Most of the folks not wanting trouble.
It's a very typical western plot, with Costner (also directing) and Duvall. 2 hours' worth.

Another one I found on YT was the original "The Bourne Identity" from 1988, with Richard Chamberlain. Follows the book a lot better than the Damon film did (I suppose the later one was more a Bourne Identity for modern times). I read pretty much all of Ludlum's books back in the day - it's a shame they didn't make more of them into films. That's 3 hours, though - but split into 2 parts.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2