cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot PIN any windows other than the entire desktop

Delta99
Explorer
No matter what I do I cannot PIN any windows other than the entire desktop. When I attempt to grab and drag a window within the desktop it doesn't work and the entire desktop moves.

What am I doing wrong? Does this even work? I am pretty sure I tried this the day it came out but haven't tried it since (many updates since).
10 REPLIES 10

kojack
MVP
MVP
Pulling the side trigger will grab the whole desktop.

Holding A while aiming at the window then pulling the side trigger will
pop the window out. Now just the side trigger (don't need A now) will
move the window like normal.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Delta99
Explorer

kojack said:

Pulling the side trigger will grab the whole desktop.

Holding A while aiming at the window then pulling the side trigger will
pop the window out. Now just the side trigger (don't need A now) will
move the window like normal.

Yeah, I read up on that when I couldn't get it to work the first time. Holding A and using the side trigger does not work either. As soon as I use the side trigger while holding A the entire desktop starts moving. 

Delta99
Explorer
I should correct this. When I hold A and use the side trigger (grab) the Oculus Dash / Home seems to reset itself. I get the Oculus Logo for a few seconds and then home reloads.

mwerle
Explorer
In  my case Oculus Dash/Home just moves the entire desktop window, not the individual application window I want to detach and pin.  Tried pressing-and-holding A (and various other buttons just in case) before "grab"bing but no luck.

Wade_Watts
Honored Guest
Still NO solution for this? Can´t undock Firefox / Chrome

kojack
MVP
MVP
Oculus made it an option instead of being enabled by default like it used to be.
Within VR go to Dash's Settings / Experiments and turn on Virtual Desktop Panel Pullout.

Then holding A and grip trigger should work.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Wade_Watts
Honored Guest

kojack said:

Oculus made it an option instead of being enabled by default like it used to be.
Within VR go to Dash's Settings / Experiments and turn on Virtual Desktop Panel Pullout.

Then holding A and grip trigger should work.

Ah, thanks. But, the old issue still isn´t solved when u have two monitors plugged in, that u cannot activate that feature 😞 the only workaround that I know currently is to unplug the second monitor.

Wade_Watts
Honored Guest
Aaaah, I found a solution (at least works for me) It was too inconvenient for me to plug out my 2nd monitor in and out etc., but I just plugged it into my mainboard (integrated chipset) and activated Multi-GPU support in my UEFI / BIOS. 2

kojack
MVP
MVP
I have two monitors plugged into my Geforce 980 and the feature works correctly. One is display port and one is dvi.