cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you working on?

Anonymous
Not applicable
After posting my first sculpt, it was quite a while until I got around to making a sketchbook thread.  Sometimes I wanted to post an individual piece, but there really didn't seem to be a place to do that.  Even now, I don't usually post "in-progress" sketches that I may or may not get back to, and generally use finished/mostly finished sculpts in the sketchbook. 

Anyhow, it would be interesting to see what other people are working on once they've posted their "First Medium Sculpt", so here's a place to do that 🙂
527 REPLIES 527

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes I wonder how I managed to work without Medium and Substance Painter (thanks to @P3nT4gR4m
for that!)

Im working on a project for a client and I needed a quick background object, a sort of floating island thing. 15 mins in medium, half an hour in substance and VOILA! Super low res mesh with baked normals from the high res Medium obj

Medium has really changed the way I create. 

bntwr1092ghf.jpg

Substance is pretty awesome.  Not as awesome as being able to do that without leaving VR, just painting the textures on, would be, but still very cool.

Some sort of fractal paintbrush that used sliders and could save patterns would be a mind-blowing thing to see in medium.  If medium doesn't do it, really hoping that Allegorithmic fullly embraces their potential first mover advantage and goes all in on making a full VR tool.

LZoltowski
Champion

Sometimes I wonder how I managed to work without Medium and Substance Painter (thanks to @P3nT4gR4m
for that!)

Im working on a project for a client and I needed a quick background object, a sort of floating island thing. 15 mins in medium, half an hour in substance and VOILA! Super low res mesh with baked normals from the high res Medium obj

bntwr1092ghf.jpg

Substance is pretty awesome.  Not as awesome as being able to do that without leaving VR, just painting the textures on, would be, but still very cool.

Some sort of fractal paintbrush that used sliders and could save patterns would be a mind-blowing thing to see in medium.  If medium doesn't do it, really hoping that Allegorithmic fullly embraces their potential first mover advantage and goes all in on making a full VR tool.

That is the holy grail!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

for that!)

bntwr1092ghf.jpg

That is the holy grail!

VR Substance Painter. Soon as it drops I'm an unstoppable killing machine. Just putting that out there. 

LZoltowski
Champion

P3nT4gR4m said:

for that!)

bntwr1092ghf.jpg

That is the holy grail!

VR Substance Painter. Soon as it drops I'm an unstoppable killing machine. Just putting that out there. 

I very much doubt much is holding you back with the amount of the awesome work you are producing on a constant basis, my friend. But yeah SP in VR ... would be ... um .... EVERYTHING
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

P3nT4gR4m said:

That is the holy grail!

I very much doubt much is holding you back with the amount of the awesome work you are producing on a constant basis, my friend. But yeah SP in VR ... would be ... um .... EVERYTHING

A tech to keep hardware upgrades running smoothly, an IV system to keep a steady flow of nutrients, and we'd have it about covered... or maybe just plug into a vat... hmm... maybe just add substance painter

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Bit of work on the lighting, hair and another snake added to the collection...cyk4a7hbnj1n.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice hair!

LZoltowski
Champion
Was just having a bit of fun, a jelly-like a creature .. this was a test for some materials more than object quality, bit it looked pretty! 

93lyksfd39vl.gif

Be kind to one another 🙂

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@LZoltowski Holy crap, dude, what insane witchcraft is this?

LZoltowski
Champion

P3nT4gR4m said:

@LZoltowski Holy crap, dude, what insane witchcraft is this?

Heh thanks! ... it's actually a super simple medium sculpt + 2 materials, both are transparent with a Fresnel opacity fall of and 50% roughness, heavy light dispersion and animated pulsating gradient for the emissive parts that cast GI onto themselves. 

I am doing some experiments as I want to create an underwater Atlantis/Avatar scene that is entirely sculpted in medium. 

Be kind to one another 🙂