cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Trigger Stuck

KnightMason
Protege
I've only had my Oculus Touch for 6 months and the trigger is already broken with light use.
I just sent in a support ticket for my right hand trigger being stuck. But has anyone here been through the process of getting it replaced and got a new controller in a reasonable amount of time?

I saw a few threads about it but nobody comes back to say if it was replaced or not, how long it took, or if they had to buy a whole new set.
And I didn't want to necro old posts.
8 REPLIES 8

SwirlyMaple
Expert Protege
Not sure if this will help, but the touch controllers have a design flaw: there is a rubber pad inside that is supposed to dampen the trigger when it reaches its stop, and this rubber pad eventually falls off inside every controller after some use. (Not sure if it's been revised recently, but for at least the first year of production or more this is the case.)

It's possible that rubber pad has just gotten wedged in there and that's why your trigger is stuck. It's happened to other people many times. If you look in the gap around your trigger where it goes into the touch controller, you may see it wedged in there -- and if you carefully slide something thin around the edge of the trigger (e.g. thin cardboard), you might be able to knock it free and unstick your trigger.

KNP54
Heroic Explorer
^ This! I've had the same problem, rubber pad falls off and gets wedged between the trigger and casing. the rubber pad itself is very small. It's a semicircle with a diameter of about 2mm.
Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, Deepcool Castle EX 360, 32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600MHz, Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, Asus ROG Strix 3080ti, Corsair HX1000, Western Digital SN850 M.2 NVMe 2TB, Samgung 850 EVO 500GB & 840 EVO 500GB in raid0, Seagate Ironwolf 10TB, Corsair 4000D Airflow, Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 @ 100Hz, Acer V287K 3840x2160@ 60Hz, Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest 2 256GB.

gschdean
Honored Guest
I got told to take a video of it..... Why? it's broken the day it came out of the box... is there anyone who does customer service anymore? is there anyone who warranty's their products? This smells of GoPro Support. 

KnightMason
Protege
They had me send it back and I got a new one about 3 weeks later.
Had to do a lot of pictures too. Serial numbers on the controller, on the box it came in.
Glad I kept the box.
I'm having a lot of software issues now after upgrading to a Ryzen 2600.
Just never ends I guess.

Netheri
Rising Star
No doubt at least 4 different persons in support will 1st ask you to unplug and plug the trigger and send an log about it 😄 . Then the 5th person actually reads what the problem actually is and after a week will send you an ticket (when you send new pictures and logs at least 3 times) to send the broken controller to Netherlands (about week) from where you most propably get back an refurbished controller, which takes about 1½ weeks to get back through _same_ route. If the refurbed controller really is refurbed and not just given some light therapy it all ends there but if the controller is already broken then the whole thing starts over one or few times which takes about 1½-2 months. When you finally get the working controller, you have most likely be fed up or forgotten the whole vr and just want to sell it forwards but the new owner wouldn't get warranty, as Oculus's warranty doesn't move to new owner even if it would still be otherwise valid even a 1½ years (in EU area).  😄 

And sadly that story isn't not even bullsh*t, you can replace controller with HMD and it's actually almost entirely true.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

cryptoWOLFemia8
Honored Guest
Same problem.

timpisti
Honored Guest
Same problem. A little rubber ring fall out from the controller, the trigger lack on half way.

Stigmat500
Honored Guest
I manage to remove the small rubber piece with a toothstick. It working fine now.