cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vox Machinae - Anyone Getting this?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh1WlfE8mz4

Take command and pilot a giant fighting machine in an escalating war between powerful corporations. Select your GDR ("Grinder") chassis and customize it with a powerful arsenal of lasers, missiles, cannons and more as you’re pitted against rival Grinder squads. Engage in seamless multiplayer action with no loot-box or micro-transaction nonsense. Vox Machinae respects your time, and your wallet.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/957951994279023/

KEY FEATURES

● A weighty tactical simulator blended with responsive physics-based action.
 ● Fight together with your friends with crossplay support across PC, and desktop mode too.

● Experience 16 player mayhem with unique game modes such as salvage and stockpile.

● Be the pilot and immerse yourself with full avatar presence and motion control operations.

● Pick from 5 customizable grinders and deck them out with an array of devastating weaponry.
 ● Coordinate the battle plan with your team using unique visual VOIP comms.

● Hone your skills with full bot support across all gameplay modes.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
16 REPLIES 16

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I would love to have it - if it weren't multiplayer only. I don't mind a couple of games that are or have MP (Elite, ArmA, IL-2) but these days I prefer to play with people or groups I 'know' and trust.
I understand there is an AI controlled mech training scenario, but that will probably not be enough. Same reason I didn't bother with MWO - even though I have every other SP Mech game since MW2 3Dfx (which I'm still proud to have sat on my shelf here).

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Brixmis - I don't know if you do play in groups in this game do you? Isn't there an option just to play it like a PvP death match? That's what I'll be doing if it is everyone for themselves..

Devilstower
Expert Protege
The game isn't strictly multiplayer only, as you can sign in for matches offline with all AI opponents. The game looks and plays fantastic -- the first game where I've flipped on all the options and felt like my new graphics card was really pitching in. Considering how badly I'm getting my butt kicked by bots, I'm clearly not ready to go up against other players.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Can you play online with Steam players if you purchase from Oculus Home?

Devilstower
Expert Protege
That ... I can't tell you. But I'll try to find out.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

That ... I can't tell you. But I'll try to find out.

Yes, please find out. I think it should just be a given that Oculus works online with Steam players now. Need more support for VR online play. Cross-platform is the way to go now, it seems silly doing it any other way now when VR needs numbers for multiplayer..

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was playing last night with someone who was playing with a vive.  I think it's a shared play space.

Additionally, this game feels a lot like MechWarrior 2 from the mid 90's.  Slow lumbering mechs, heat management, similar weapons.  The game has a lot of promise.  It's legitimately fun but it also has a lot of areas I wish were... more.

For example, the map in the mech (The only one there is) only shows a small part of the whole map.  I wish I could make it bigger so I could see where everything/everyone is.  I wish the map labeled the mech pilot names so I knew who was where. I wish there was a way to touch the map and have that point blip on everyon's map (like how in World of Tanks you can ATTENTION! a part of the map).

I wish each mech class had a special ability like how the original Xbox MechAssault had different abilities.  Small mechs could cloak or use jump jets.  Big mechs has radar jamming or some sort of shield boost, etc. All on a big cooldown of course.

I wish small mechs were faster and heavy mechs had no jump jets.

I wish there were more maps. Right now they have craggy mountain maps.  I want some cities.

Basically I wish they played MechAssault a bunch in the early 2000's and copied that.  But seeing as that isn't happening I'm supporting these guys with my 30 dollars and hoping for the best!  What they have already is pretty cool. I just want it to get baked a bit more.

OH, since I'm wishing for things.  I wish I could raise my arm rests in my mech cockpit so they line up with my real life chair.  Right now my arms are floating about 6 inches off my VR armrest and it messes up my ability to control the mech and also ejecting is hard as the handles are too low to reach.