cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dash Issue Fix for Latest Nvidia Driver and Intel CPUs

cybereality
Grand Champion
Customers with Nvidia graphics and an Intel processor on certain driver versions may experience compatibility issues with Oculus Dash. Specifically, if you have the latest Nvidia driver installed, 411.63, and also use an Intel chip with integrated graphics, you'll need to install the following Intel driver to avoid issues in Dash.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=80939
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
54 REPLIES 54

TheDuder
Explorer
Hey folks,

If you're still experiencing issues can you please reach out to Oculus Support and then post up your ticket here so we can take a look at your logs and give you steps on how to collect Vulkan logs which we'd like to review?

Thanks!

Stoofnie
Explorer
+1 for this issue.
Getting "Oculus has detected a problem with your graphics drivers" message on Oculus menu. And now black screen of doom. AGAIN. 
I rebuilt my whole PC from scratch because of issues I was having with Oculus and AMD. and finally it was working again. 

When I tried to run that driver/patch mentioned above it just said my system didn't meet the requirements too. I'm also guessing this is because I'm not using integrated graphics. I checked this in Bio and I don't have the most comprehensive Bios options (MSI bios 5) but it looks like I had integrated graphics automatically disabled once I set up my Quattro P4000.

I've messaged support. Just posting here for solidarity because I've had nothing but issues with my Oculus and this forum has helped a lot in the past. I'm not changing my PC again, if I have to chose between my current GPU and the Rift....I'll go PSVR. 

Sakabaka
Honored Guest
+1 for this issue as well.

Running on:
CPU - Intel i5 3570K
GPU - nVidia GTX 1080
Oculus Version - 1.31.0.686553

Updated to latest nVidia 416.16 drivers, uninstall, clean installation. Re-ran Oculus setup, a pop up shows up redirecting me to the following page: https://support.oculus.com/836193806590425/?locale=en_US&ref=oculus-pc-app.

I've tried to install video drivers for Intel graphics, but my system doesn't meet minimum specifications likely due to not having the integrated graphics enabled.

Just bought Skyrim VR, was able to see the intro/title screen in a windowed app on the monitor, but nothing through the Rift VR headset. The Oculus app itself shows "Oculus has detected a problem with your graphics drivers. Learn More".

Emtec95
Honored Guest
same issue, I dont have an integrated graphics card, and I use an GTX 1070, did all the uninstalling and installing but nothing helped

Anonymous
Not applicable
----Fixed: Cliff notes: Install older GPU driver like 388.71-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql etc---

just "clean installed", aug 1st Nviida driver (1080 here) still same error, going with the oldest driver listed of 397.64 (https://www.nvidia.com/drivers/beta) 

There must be a thousands people between the possibility of this error and the error occurring globally... 
How can versions be pushed out to production live and not work?

When I run the intel update it says i dont have any product suitable or what ever. 

Also cybereality you need to post a proper tech note with the items of software which work in combination.

Which most recent nvidia driver works with which most recent version of Oculus
Post links
Work on the issue in the back end. 

i am down here not able to use Oculus. 

Will reboot after fresh install of 397.64
oculas app 

Will also hunt for previous version of Oculas app?

That didn't work, best thing I can do here is install the latest versions of every thing, test again , then submit a ticket with the logs for the greater good then hopefully next weekend I can use my headset.

Edit: Ok fixed.
I installed every thing the latest version, including the Oculus "patch".
Then downloaded: 388.71-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql (nvidia older driver).
Clean install of the 388.
works no issue i am able to start Onward with out that red bar line reporting a driver issue in Oculus GUI 

OgiAnima
Honored Guest

UPDATE: Clean installed Nvidia 390.77 (older driver from January release); Rebooted the whole system and now it's working again. The red line warning is gone and apps are functioning normally on quick inspection. Fingers crossed it keeps. 

Digikid1
Consultant

TheDuder said:

Hey folks,

If you're still experiencing issues can you please reach out to Oculus Support and then post up your ticket here so we can take a look at your logs and give you steps on how to collect Vulkan logs which we'd like to review?

Thanks!

Or just read the forums and have more of an actual pressence here?  No offence but it seems that you guys are afraid of forums. LOL

YoLolo69
Trustee
Doing support through the mess of a forums where everybody posts and interacts is undoable, and believe me I worked in an international support team for more than 20 years. Opening a ticket and having one interlocutor and been able to provide individual logs and feedback is far more professional and effective. So be mature and open a support ticket, that will help IMHO.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Digikid1
Consultant
They can do both as well. 

Ihs4hn
Honored Guest
Same problem here, I dont even have intel procesor or a integrated graphics card. The intel parch doesnt install in my pc.