cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gtx1080Ti and RTX 2080Ti best price/comparison thread

Techy111
MVP
MVP

As per the title, this thread is intended to be a quick reference for current best prices on these two cards, a they're generating a lot of interest right now. If theres a stand-out great deal, please tag me and I'll update this first post to include that. Feel free to add prices for whatever region you're in and in whatever currency, but please avoid any posts not related to this specific topic, thanks and keep a tight hold of those credit cards.

To start off:

Scan UK prices:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING SC  £629.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti WINDFORCE OC    £1,049.99

EVGA 2080 ti xc will cost $1700 ( 10.999 dkr ) 

Dutch prices for Founders edition =

RTX 2080 TI - 1260 Euro's
RTX 2080 - 850 Euro's
RTX 2070 - 640 Euro's

Canadian prices -

EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming: $1099.
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming: $1199.
Other 2080 variants are in between those two prices. 

Ti versions are between $1600 and $1750.
No 2070 listed yet.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

538 REPLIES 538

LZoltowski
Champion

I haven't done any VR testing before so any pointers as to what tools I can use to monitor performance? I have installed Elite, Hellblade and PCARS 2. Sorry I don't have any flight sims aside from the MS one.

The Nvidia FCAT is the gold standard for testing.

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/fcat-vr-download-and-how-to-guide

Would be amazing to see results between your old card and this one, in some GPU heavy titles like Seeking Dawn, Lone Echo, Skyrim/Fallout VR etc or whatever you have ... 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Erm I don't have the old card anymore. That got sold within hours of posting for £500 no less.

Oh yeh and I have installed Fallout 4 VR.

Anyhow. I don't really know what I am looking for here as I have not really paid much attention  to VR performance generally. As of now I can just give anecdotal evidence that playing Fallout 4 VR with 2.0 SS in OTT very playable indeed. Yes still moments of stutter but handles much better than I remember compared to the 1080ti. IIRC with 2.0 SS it was unplayable before.

PCARS 2 using the 1.5 OTT SS and in-game SS 2.0 is buttery smooth.

Hellblade highest settings also very smooth a few stutters here and there but looks great.  I think you reach a point when adding more AA has little visual effect. I did boost this up to 200 with no issues.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Erm I don't have the old card anymore. That got sold within hours of posting for £500 no less.

Anyhow. I don't really know what I am looking for here as I have not really paid much attention  to VR performance generally. As of now I can just give anecdotal evidence that playing Fallout 4 VR with 2.0 SS in OTT very playable indeed. Yes still moments of stutter but handles much better than I remember compared to the 1080ti. IIRC with 2.0 SS it was unplayable before.

Hellblade highest settings also very smooth a few stutters here and there but looks great.  I think you reach a point when adding more AA has little visual effect. I did boost this up to 200 with no issues.

Nice - and congrats. If you've upgraded to 1.31, does Home 2.0 run smoothly using ss 2.0? Thanks!

BTW, if you use Oculus Tray Tool you can enable the Performance HUD and constantly monitor your frame rate. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Techy111
MVP
MVP

Techy111 said:

I'd like DCS, IL2 FSX with Flyinside please 😉

are you into flight sims?

Seeing as I help run Flyinside I guess the answer is yes  😄
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
So what about using this DSLL that @LZoltowski was talking about? What does that do for these games you are testing?

MowTin
Expert Trustee

I was able to run Robo Recall and Marvel Power United at 2.0 ss at 90 fps solid.

SteamVR is a total mess for me. I'm getting high CPU usage which is killing my frame rates. I that's a SteamVR specific problem. 

But sure to use the performance HUD to ensure you're getting 90fps. ASW is very good at making things smooth. 

I tried Lone Echo @ 2.0 ss but it wasn't stable. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

MowTin
Expert Trustee

RedRizla said:

So what about using this DSLL that @LZoltowski was talking about? What does that do for these games you are testing?

There are no games support DLSS available right now. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

kojack
MVP
MVP

RedRizla said:

DLSS isn't a feature that can be enabled on games generically. It requires submitting the game to Nvidia so they can train a deep learning neural network on a super computer to understand how the game looks. Once the network is trained, it can fill in missing pixels by guessing.

I had no real need to upgrade, my MSI GTX 1080 does everything I need. However this morning smoke started coming out of it and the card is now dead. So I'm back on my old 980. 😞
Good excuse for an RTX card I guess.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@kojack - I always get a 5 year warranty with my Geforce Cards, it sucks yours has gone up in smoke. How much warranty do you get? Also, do you reckon old and new games games will be submitted to Nvida to get the DSLL treatment? 

kojack
MVP
MVP
It was a 1 year warranty, I bought it 2 years ago.
It was running fine when I went to bed. 3 hours later when I woke up I noticed the PC was off. I thought maybe there had been a black out. But I couldn't turn it on again. I unplugged everything, no luck. I pulled the geforce out and the motherboard then booted fine. Hmm. I plugged the geforce back and turned on the power, smoke came out of the far end.  
Oh well, at least I never sell old hardware, so my previous gfx cards are sitting here ready for use. 🙂  If the 980 dies I can fall back on my 680.
I still have my original Geforce 256 here if I get really desperate.

It was $1167au back in 2016. The 2080TI is almost double that here.

The submission to Nvidia is just one part of the process. Then the game needs to be modified to use the trained data. It needs to use the NGX api to access the AI features.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2